Some People Are Such Knuckleheads!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a call to the local Petsmart to pick a trip in my cab. When I arrived, this guy came up, opened my front passenger and there with him was a growling, snarling pit bull, teeth bared. The guy said "he likes to ride in the front." I had to tell him neither him or his beast was getting in the cab with me, he would have to call someone else.
Why, on any planet, would someone try to put this animal in the front seat with anyone, especially a stranger?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Why, on any planet, would someone try to put this animal in the front seat with anyone, especially a stranger?
That doesn't make any sense, does it? Even if it's you're own dog, it's best to have them in back or restrained in some way that they cannot distract the person driving. That's dangerous for the driver, dog, and everyone else on the road.

I would have told him no, too, even if it was a friendly dog!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Couldn't resist this thread when I saw the title mainly because I was thinking something similar myself most of the day.

Some people just aren't that bright are they?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of idiot brings an aggressive dog to Petsmart? And I thought most cabs don't allow pets? Or do they? But definitely not aggressive dogs.

Wonder what he did to the poor dog? Most pitties are such sweet dogs.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my experience working at an animal hospital, I think some ignorant people who own (particularly dogs) that they have allowed to become or deliberately trained to be agressive, actually like the fact that their pet is agressive, like its some sort of machismo thing. They like the reaction they get out of other people to their (usually a large dog) like its a pimped out sports car or something.

Until they have an emergency and need veterinary care or transport or boarding for their pet and no one will take them. Then they get very defensive, and are often in denial of how scary and threatening their pet really is.

The sad part is its a living creature. And often these animals have to be put down when their owner can no longer care for, or handle them or they attack somebody. Stupid people!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, knucklehead is a very nice adjective for you to use.

My cousin's son who is 20 something, but a pit bull/mastiff cross as a puppy. Onyx is know fully grown and just the sweetest dog. The only problem is that he is too friendly and so big and of course he wants to jump on you and love you.

BTW, they live in the country so the dog gets plenty of exercise and the neighbors aren't close. They don't have taxi cabs there!