Weekend invasion into YOUR life: Sat. June 27th

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A big congrats to soon to be Mrs. Nat. The day looks like its going to be perfect, I hope it is indeed all you imagined your wedding to be.

Nothing much planned here.

I'll go pick up some sale items from the grocery store, I have a parcel to pick up, and snakes to feed and clean this weekend. That should keep me busy.

It is going to be a beautiful sunny day, which is good because then its supposed to rain for a few days

Have a great day folks.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its my niece's graduation party today, from high school. Where does the time go. Its a pool party so I hope it stays nice. My sister put her big tent up last night, a fast moving storm came through, very windy and destroyed the tent, so I guess we'll be going out this morning and buying a tent.

Have a great day.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Gorgeous morning here but I think it is going to be a real scorcher before the day is over.

I have a few things planned for today, they are having an art exhibit down at the town docks that I want to go take a look at. All the works are landscapes of the area and are done by local artists.

Afterwards I am heading off to Walmart to pick up some of their sale items for this week. I also have to pick up cat food, both wet and dry, and some kitty treats. Their treat jar is empty and I am in the doghouse.

Want to check in at the butcher-shop as well they have pork ribs on special so I may pick some up for the freezer.

The kitties are all sprawled out in the center of the living room just close enough to each other to be annoying. I notice Linus poking Pixie a few minutes ago just to get a reaction. Boy they sure are like little kids some days.

Everyone have a great day

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I slept in until 8:30 this morning and about to head up for the morning errands - post office and grocery shopping. My house desparately needs to be vacuumed, then I'm going to take another look at an embroidery machine later this afternoon.

And then into the pool I go.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gary and I ate bad sausage yesterday and are fighting over the bathroom this morning.
I WANTED to sleep in until about 10:30, but got as far as 8:00am.

We've had thunderstorms rolling around since yesterday, so it sucks, it's dark and wet, and Gary's head is going nuts.

Hopefully we'll make it to the bank before 3:00, and we've got laundry to deal with....

Other than that, I've had fun listening to Billy and Flowerbelle chase each other around like crazy all morning. Flowerbelle will perpetually be a kitty, so in the end it's great that she's now got a 2-year old to actually play with her!

Laurie

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's in the mid 50's right not, but is supposed to get up to the low 80's later on...

I am awake, for now. My feline roommates woke me up entirely too early (for being on pain meds) demanding breakfast. I will be continuing to work on updating one of two fan group websites I've offered to take on. neither had been updated in over three years... very bad. I have everything needed on one, so I'm working on that one first. I only got permission to do the second (was begged to?) on Tuesday, and we need to wrangle the tech info away from the old webmaster, as he hasn't done much and he didn't show up to the meeting...

I also have a meeting this afternoon with another group (no web work on this one, thank God), and then back home for more site work and hopefully some sewing... and chores... and packing. Three weeks until I get the keys for the new place...

Sorry.... rambling... I think i'll go make coffee now...

Amanda

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I am not a happy camper today. Was planning to go see the big fireworks show here in Madison WI, "Rhythm and Booms"
I have always wanted to go see it, but was always too far, now I am right here in the *cuss words* town and those plans fell completly through due to lack of funds and the person I was going to go with being a big *MANY cuss words*
I was thinking of hopping the bus and going alone just for the fireworks part of the evening, but how depressing is that, and I don't live in the best area and not such a good idea to be traveling alone at night. *big sigh*
Oh well, maybe next year. (it is supposed to storm tonight anyway)

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Later, we're going out to lunch and then to our favorite dress shop to see if we can find me something for my Birthday which is in less than two weeks, WOOHOO!
. Sort of muggy here today, we had a nice thunderstorm here yesterday afternoon.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We made it to the bank (
) and we're spending the rest of the storming, hot, wet, horribly humid (outside) afternoon in bed watching movies.

Laurie

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This morning I had my hair cut and colored. Then went to the pet store.

The cats up for adoption are right next to the cat litter. I try to stay away but it could not be avoided. Needless to say I wanted them all. But there was one that tugged at my heart.

If someone had jumped out from behind the window and asked if I needed any help he would be in my house now.

I think I should go to the other pet store next time.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

We made it to the bank (
) and we're spending the rest of the storming, hot, wet, horribly humid (outside) afternoon in bed watching movies.

Laurie
Such a shame about the weather. It's nice here in Philly but with some clouds.

Hey all. It's a nice saturday afternoon. AC is finally off for a few days. Loving the breeze outside. DH is smoking some salmon for dinner in about 30mins. The cats enjoyed their afternoon in the sun outside.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

We made it to the bank (

Laurie

Sounds like an excellent way to spend a stormy afternoon...

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

We made it to the bank (

Laurie
I reccomend the first ghost buters move, so silly and goofy
Favorite quote, "It's the Staypuft marsmallow man"

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a gorgeous day here, but I'm stuck indoors writing my thesis.
I came up to where my advisor lives so I could ask him the million and one questions that piled up because I don't see him on a regular basis.
I get to go home at the end of next week, stay home for about a week and then come back up to work on the data. Summer is my favorite season; it's a shame to be indoors from sun up to sun down.
I'm sure I'll be happy once I graduate.

Come dinner time, work will have to wait. The plan is to escape for some pizza!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to Costco before it got too hot.. Then we spent about an hour at the apartment's pool. Now we are just chillin' in the apartment. It is 102 right now at 5pm. It is supposed to be 108 tomorrow!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
breakfast, outdoor activities, feed/groom animals, clean house, shower, then store, then more outdoor activities/exercise animals, water plants, feed animals/take care of animals, then dinner. Then some phone calls. then blog posts.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I let Gary pick the movies today. So far we've watched Star Trek IV (when they come to earth to save the whales), Star Wars II, and Alien III is playing now.

Trillcat, we love both Ghostbusters movies!

I played with the kitties through most of Star Wars II, and Gary actually managed to nap through most of it!
Grabbed one of their little rattley raccoons and tied it to the end of the nub of a feather wand toy. Everyone went bonkers for the "new" toy.

Laurie

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I let Gary pick the movies today. So far we've watched Star Trek IV (when they come to earth to save the whales), Star Wars II, and Alien III is playing now.

Trillcat, we love both Ghostbusters movies!

I played with the kitties through most of Star Wars II, and Gary actually managed to nap through most of it!
Grabbed one of their little rattley raccoons and tied it to the end of the nub of a feather wand toy. Everyone went bonkers for the "new" toy.

Laurie
Alien III is one of my favorite movies, also the next one Alien Resurrection. Hmm thanks now I know what to grab at the video store the next time I am in. Round it out with Alien VS Predator and I'll have a creepy fanged dripped droolfest of a movie night.