What is the best diet for a male cat

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mother was on Wellness kitten from birth on.

I want to feed him the best outide of Raw.

Is fish ok to feed males I love tiki cat and so does he.
What is not safe for him I want to feed BG but not sure after reading everything on here.

HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP

fattykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think wet food is doubly important for male cats because of the "pee" problems they are prone to develop. Also, fish-based foods are probably not that great.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fattykitty

I think wet food is doubly important for male cats because of the "pee" problems they are prone to develop. Also, fish-based foods are probably not that great.
Can I akls why I have never herd that before? I been seeing it on here but never really found a straight answer as to why. What makes them bad. Tiki cat is pretty pricey. All there flavors are fished based

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fish itself is NOT bad ... it is the way it is processed .. see fish and fish meal are processed with the bones all of them ( chicken and beef only have a % of bone)... thus mineral levels are NOT uti friendly in fish based foods...

wet food is very good as it is close to natural prey items in both moisture and protein levels...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Fish itself is NOT bad ... it is the way it is processed .. see fish and fish meal are processed with the bones all of them ( chicken and beef only have a % of bone)... thus mineral levels are NOT uti friendly in fish based foods...

wet food is very good as it is close to natural prey items in both moisture and protein levels...
So will it make him sick if he get a can or two a week. I have bought four cases and cant afford to buy anything else tell that is gone.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's ok to feed Tiki Cat.... Bugsy has been on an all fish diet for the last month and half (due to allergies), and he eats Tikki every day, as does Hope, my female foster. Tiki Cat is low-magnesium, low-phosphate and low sodium, and the fish is fresh, wild caught in the south pacific (due to low mercury) - they also use young Tuna, further preventing the risks of high mercury.
IMO, there are fish foods, and fish foods... I wouldn't feed Bugsy just any fish based foods, but I do feed Tiki and Orijen with confidence.
That is just my 2 cents....

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't tiki cat have some chicken foods also? I don't have the ingredients, so perhaps it has fish as well but its something you could try. My boys get some fish food because honestly I think it helps with their fur, but they only get it a couple times a week with chicken and turkey the rest of the time.