Wet is still bothering my kittens tummy

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The breeder did use a touch of wet but not like i do plus the kitten had some GI issue a bit ago and the vet encouraged the use of wet food to keep things moving lol

trouble is it is moving a bit to well
he's still very runny because of the wet foods.

Now i wonder if this formula would help? i was given a sample the other week or so from my pet shop and he liked it, perhaps i should purchase some? I am not in the UK but the product is carried here in my country, don't know if they have a different site but anyways... i believe if I have understood correctly pumpkin is good for digestive issues?

or is their a different wet product you would recommend for a sensitive tummy? he's 4mths old btw. thxs

http://www.almonature.co.uk/cat_prod...=2&id=66&lng=3

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by followedbydolls

Now i wonder if this formula would help? i was given a sample the other week or so from my pet shop and he liked it, perhaps i should purchase some? I am not in the UK but the product is carried here in my country, don't know if they have a different site but anyways... i believe if I have understood correctly pumpkin is good for digestive issues?
Can I ask where you found this food? (I'd be interested in trying it too)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Can I ask where you found this food? (I'd be interested in trying it too)
Global pet foods, now it isn't a complete diet{the wet food i showed} but that is ok, the wet food is a supplement here, HTH

I was also given one that had shrimp in it, he liked that too.. i thought it was yuck i don't eat seafood but it certainly looked like people food lol

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chris

It is a EU food , which likely is not avail this side of the pond

Try a fish based , maybe your kitty has a chicken issue

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Chris

It is a EU food , which likely is not avail this side of the pond

Try a fish based , maybe your kitty has a chicken issue
Thanks but is encouraging fish a good idea because it's a male cat?

Oh forgot the other poster should be able to locate it, i'm in the same province

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks but is encouraging fish a good idea because it's a male cat?

Oh forgot the other poster should be able to locate it, i'm in the same province
AHH see you learn something new daily

Maybe try a beef based , lamb based then... yeah all fish is not something I recommend for boys

what food s can you get ... the other thought is the rare pumpkin allergy

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are fish foods and fish food, IMO. The one I am feeding my cats, due to Bugsy having Allergy to Chicken, Orijen 6-fish, is a fish based food but the phosphorous, magnesium and calcium levels are the same as their chicken food; plus it is made with fresh caught fish in LOW mercury area, and also has cranberries added to it... IMO quality is definitely an issue when feeding a fish food.
A fish based diet definitely worked for Bugsy, and I will start adding new sources of novelty protein to his diet soon.
When ruling out allergies, you should put him in a simple protein diet (one type of protein source) exclusively for at least 6-8 weeks. If his digestion is fine, and there is no diarrhea, etc, you can add another protein source... Another 6-8 weeks, and so on. In a couple of weeks I will add Acana Grasslands to his diet, which is lamb, duck, and fish based... If he does well, I am going to keep him in a 50/50 diet of Orijen 6-fish and Acana Grasslands; I will also introduce duck and lamb wet foods...
Right now he is on 100% fish, including wet (Tikki Cat)... His digestive system is the best it has ever been...
You might also want to add probiotics and enzymes to his diet - Holistic Solution is a great choice...

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think he has any allergies.. he eats a varied dry diet, it's only when the wet is introduced that the issues begins... i use beef, chicken, turkey even a bit of fish now & then....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is going to sound nutty .. try a simple baby food or make your own by blending a meat and a veggie or grain

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

This is going to sound nutty .. try a simple baby food or make your own by blending a meat and a veggie or grain
baby food?
ok, what types should i look for? their are various stages too, i guess A chunkier variety?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use the earthbound organics when I can or gerbers organic line.. but for you I suggest the VERY $$$ 2.5 ounce meat and broth cans to see if a particular meat triggers .... then if that does not find an issue look at the gerbers that are simple.. one is chicken and apple... or turkey and sweet potato ... These OF COURSE are for testing NOT regular eating
\\

READ labels .. I use all stages but 2 and up often have onion and garlic in many formulas

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Global pet foods, now it isn't a complete diet{the wet food i showed} but that is ok, the wet food is a supplement here, HTH

I was also given one that had shrimp in it, he liked that too.. i thought it was yuck i don't eat seafood but it certainly looked like people food lol
Thanks
I've never been to global pet foods but apparantly there are 2 locations close by. (wet food is supplemental here too)

It reads pretty good off the site. Thx again for the info.