QOTD Thurs. June 25th

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know a bunch of us have been having heat waves lately, which brings up the question....

What temp is considered uncomfortable hot where you are? What constitutes a nice summer day for you?

Here, a nice summer day would be between 20-25(68-77F) with no humidex.

Uncomfortable and HOT
would be 30-32C (86-90F) plus humidex.

Here's a link to our weather: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html

Fri and Sat. should be nice, as long as the humidity is low.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
think the highest we over the pond have had is about 20degrees possibly higher down the country i find that quite nice to potter about in, my mam is in scotland at the mo and she said it was something like 22 degrees up there and shes got sunburn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

think the highest we over the pond have had is about 20degrees possibly higher down the country i find that quite nice to potter about in, my mam is in scotland at the mo and she said it was something like 22 degrees up there and shes got sunburn
nice. I think I want to come visit you. I would be happy if we stayed 20-25C all summer....though 28 or so is nice for the beach weather.

OT: I've never been to England. (haven't been hardly anywhere) I would like to go.....Ireland too, Australia, NZ, Brazil, the Caribbean.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
its quite nice because it normally rains haha id like to have a really nice hot summer thoguh just to experience it haha house swap :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

its quite nice because it normally rains haha id like to have a really nice hot summer thoguh just to experience it haha house swap :p
k, we'll do it for a week
But if you get alot of rainy weather, I'm gonna have to pass..... LOL.

Funny about weather, in the winter we complain about the snow, in the summer we complain when it gets hot.... I think we're all just complainers.

Ok....back on topic.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it around 80.
I hate when its in the 90's and over.
I am sitting here all sweaty right now because my husband turned the A/C off to save money

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A nice summer day in Texas would be on the spring or fall
... Most days will be close to, or over 40C... Too hot IMO to go outside, unless you have a pool.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it best when its about 70-72F (21C). When it reaches 80F and above I don't like it much. This weather pattern we have been experiences is terrible. I guess I would tolerate higher temps if the humidity levels didn't match the temps!.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can handle pretty much anything up to about 26 degrees after that I start doing my wicked witch of the west impression.....I'm melting, I'm melting..

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything over 75f and I'm uncomfortable. Unfortunately it is 95 here today with matching humidity! and summer has only begun *sigh*

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking into account that humidity here is nil, 90-100 is comfortable, normal summer temps though are 115-130, overnight lows rarely go below 85-90.

The most comfortable time of year here is winter, cold nights, but 60-70 during the day.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I HATE summer weather. The heat index here the last week or so has been well over 105*. Early mornings especially are miserable, as it seems that's when the humidity has been at it's highest lately.
If I had my choice, it would be 65-70* with low humidity. Anything over 75 and I've got the AC running.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I am a summer hater, 80 degrees is to hot for me. I love the cold days of winter without the snow and ice of course :-) We have been lucky and June so far hasn't had many hot days at all but lots of rain. Today tho is hot and will possibly hit 90 degrees with high humidity so you know I'm not a happy camper right now, I do have my a/c blasting away tho. Hot is one thing, humidity is the killer.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, since the beginning of June its been in the 90's daily, 70s-80s at night time. I hate SC summers. They're ridiculously humid too. Here, anything over 75ºF with humidity is too much for me to be comfortable.

I miss Jersey's 80ºF summers with no humidity and nice breezes.