Ok!! I just have to rant!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About the director of Animal Control in Livingston County, Michigan. I have posted here before but I just cannot stand it. This.... this... woman ... poor excuse for a human being is about the meanest, cruelest most sadistic and controlling person I have come across in a long time.

Two stories to tell. One about a couple of Walker hounds - there was a last minute scramble to save these dogs- trying to coordinate between fosters, rescues and sources of money. Help arrived five minutes after closing on their predetermined euth date. Several people called the next morning and I think at least one person showed up... they were told -- tought nuts - too late Deadline passed. Dogs will be destroyed. Neener, neener!!

And just today, I was there to pick up a cat... and one of the young women there was scraping up the money - getting help from her mom - to "buy out" a cat slated for euth today. The director wanted full price from her own employee --- and then -- told her NO GO - now this sweet brown tabby will be PTS... for NO REASON!!!!!!!! Someone wanted her. They had the money... it just so happened that the person worked there. So what!?? Had I known - heck - I was there - I would have bought out the cat and turned it over on the sly.

I can honestly say that I am really really beginning to HATE this person.

I don't feel better for ranting... but I just had to get this off my chest.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How does this person get her job? Is she appointed by the county? Is there no way to complain???????????????? Every time I see you post about this, it just breaks my heart.

Laurie

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeling a nice little email to this woman coming on. Where would be the appropriate place to send it to? If I sent it to her it would be useless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. This young woman is afraid of her boss - the AC director. I don't want to get her into trouble.

But the local commissioners need to start hearing some of this. Up til now, we haven't openly targeted her... trying to do the right thing - work within channels... etc. But I am done. These two stories take the cake. Most ACs are thrilled to get help from rescues, but this woman HATES them. It was very clear in a recent meeting with her and some of the commissioners. She feels they are a bunch of hoarders who are taking her animals and "reselling" them to make money.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, that is just nuts. What shelter - or anyone working for one - actually MAKES money? HELLO?

I am in complete and total agreement. If you've tried to work within channels and this is what happens? I'm sorry. She needs to be replaced, because her actions indicate that she does NOT manage the shelter with the best interests of the county shelter and its mission in mind!

and LOTS of

Laurie

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The commissioners LOVE her .. she tells them exactly what they want to hear. There are outright lies on the LCAC website . ... like we have a good adoption rate and we only euthanize when necessary. Bull!!!

She said she implemented the 14 day policy to control disease outbreaks. WT...??? If a really sick animal comes in, it's put down. If an animal is going to spread a disease it will happen a lot faster than 2 weeks.

The head of the Michigan Pet Fund Alliance told this woman her 14 day policy makes absolutely no sense. And she said it in front of two commissioners and the county administrator. Follow up letters were sent - still nothing. Three cats euth'd this week, including the one I talked about here who had a willing adopter!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seriously, sweetie, document this. You've already got a contentious relationship with her. The most important thing is to keep the emotion out of any communication. This isn't sour grapes, it is about what is best for the COMMUNITY and the ANIMALS in that community.

....And the cogs in my head are slowly turning.... but maybe there's a way to turn this into an article, rather than a letter of complaint to the commissioner. Or both. Is there a local paper? Can you look up to see if anyone writes animal interest stores at all?

Because I'm sorry. Needlessly killing animals is NOT OK, and it looks like there are enough issues to interest a reporter in a story. Really, you should consider this. It would help bring the community to a place where the commissioners have to do something about the situation.

Laurie

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Seriously, sweetie, document this. You've already got a contentious relationship with her. The most important thing is to keep the emotion out of any communication. This isn't sour grapes, it is about what is best for the COMMUNITY and the ANIMALS in that community.

....And the cogs in my head are slowly turning.... but maybe there's a way to turn this into an article, rather than a letter of complaint to the commissioner. Or both. Is there a local paper? Can you look up to see if anyone writes animal interest stores at all?

Because I'm sorry. Needlessly killing animals is NOT OK, and it looks like there are enough issues to interest a reporter in a story. Really, you should consider this. It would help bring the community to a place where the commissioners have to do something about the situation.

Laurie
There is a reporter covering the story... but he doesn't know about this... no one has told him as far as I know. I am not the one to contact him... he is someone else's contact. No toe-stepping... I would need to "suggest".

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seriously - no way to contact him on the condition of being anonymous, and no one would know who fed him the information?

Otherwise.... suggest away!

Laurie

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would put everything you have about this "person", in an envelope, address it, stamp it, and send it to this reporter. See if anything comes of it. That way you are not stepping on anyones toes. You are such a wonderful person to care for these animals. they are blessed for having you in their corner

Mary