Pax: Taken too young.....

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some say it is better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all. But in times like this, it is so hard to think that way.

Pax made me smile and my heart melt with joy, more than he has made me sad. That I can take some comfort in.

Pax (along with his brother Kitchi) came to me a meer 7wks ago at the tender age of 6wks old. On June 19, the day most of the pics were taken, he was a healthy, robust, nibbling, playing, affectionate ball of fur due for his second set of vaccines on June 23rd.

His health degraded dramatically in the span of 2 days. We tried everything for my wee baby, everything we could.... I would have continued trying if he had the strength to fight.

But he couldn't. He could not fight bronchial pneumonia no matter what we did, it would only help if he had the strength to fight. His eyes told me last night.

Laying on his side, a wee 2lbs, me and him nose to nose...his brother on his other side.... with his weak little front paws he grabbed my hand and brought it to his chest and started purring. He said his goodbye in his own little Pax way. He adored sucking on my fingers, and having his chest rubbed. We would do it every day. He would sit so patiently, waiting for me to finish scooping the box, then he'd stand on his hind legs for his chest rub.

As I sit here writing this, there's something missing. The sound of 8 little paws thumping in the room above me.

There is something added. A pitiful cry from Kitchi, who is wondering where is partner is. It breaks my heart.

I take comfort in knowing he is pain free now, knowing that he went to sleep with someone who tried his hardest to help him over the last 2 days (my vet) and knowing without a doubt that I did everything I could for him.

My lilies bloomed today. 2 big beautiful yellow ones. When I buried Pax, I wrapped him in a paw print blankie and placed a yellow lily upon his chest where he loved to be pet.

Run and frolic my little sweet Pax. Be the healthy kit I remember from Friday... try to climb someone's legs at the Bridge, make sure you get all the chest pets you want, play till you are tired, rest peacefully my love.

Thank you for blessing me with your purrs and cuddles, even if only for a short time. I love you baby.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a terrible loss for you
Your tribute is as precious as he is - so special that 2 special lillies bloomed for Pax and for Kitchi - one to lay on the sweet little treasure taken much, much too soon, and for little Kitchi, who also grieves
You will both be in my thoughts and prayers tonight

Play happily over RB, little Pax - go find HopeHacker - she'll give you those chestrubs

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Chris, I'm so sorry...

You did everything you could for him, including giving him the love he might not have known if you hadn't taken him in, and I know he knew that.
Rest in peace, little Pax.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is this the same one that was in a thread about difficulty breathing? I'm so sorry, it always hurts to lose one, but it's even worse when they were so tiny. He wasn't sick long, and he'll never be sick again.

He's got my Elaine mothering him now, she always played Mama to every orphan kitten that came to my house, and she'll be happy to have another baby at the bridge. I thought I cried myself out when she went, but I guess not.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Chris, that was a such a beautiful - and heart breaking - tribute. Sometimes it is our calling to care for wee ones that aren't with us long - it is the hardest part of loving these little babies.
Pax was just as lucky as you were to be called to each other's lives.

Play happily little Pax! Listen to catsknowme, and find Hope!

Laurie

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Chris, I am so sorry for your loss.... I am sorry for your pain... It was much too soon... In his short life though, he was cared for and loved by the best mommy he could possibly come across... You gave him so much love... You gave him your all... He will never forget you, and one day you will meet again... This is not good bye, this is see you later...

RIP little Pax

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was hoping he would pull through but has many of our special RB kitties as companions.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I'm so so sad!!
Poor little fluff ball!

It's good that he died with someone who loves him close by. I'm so sorry!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very sincere, and heartfelt thank you to all.

Your support, your kind words, mean everything to me.

I thought I was kinda over crying, but..... I'm faced with the task of editting my cat pages, and my signature. It just makes it too real.

I'm so angry.... I can't figure out WHY. He was too young, too innocent...he didn't do anything wrong. Why did this have to happen to him. I would have done anything for him, I didn't care how much it costs....why oh why did he have to go?

I miss him... Kitchi misses him soooo much.

Sorry, didn't mean to let that out.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"Small time -- but in that small, most greatly lived."

(Shakespeare, Henry V)

RIP, Pax. You are greatly missed, and will always be greatly loved.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, Chris. I want to write a wonderful post that makes you feel better, makes you smile, comforts you, but there are just no words good enough.
RIP little Pax. You had (and have) so many admirers. You were a sweet little boy and we will all miss you.

This poem has been posted on this forum before. . .I find it so beautiful.

For My Family:-
Do not stand by my grave and weep,
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am a diamond glint of snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starshine at night.
Do not stand by my grave and cry.
I am not there…I did not die.
-Unknown

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I thought I was kinda over crying, but..... I'm faced with the task of editting my cat pages, and my signature. It just makes it too real.

I'm so angry.... I can't figure out WHY. He was too young, too innocent...he didn't do anything wrong. Why did this have to happen to him. I would have done anything for him, I didn't care how much it costs....why oh why did he have to go?

Oh hun, please don't be sorry. Let it ALL out. We are here for you!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was a really heartfelt and beautiful tribute.
I am so sorry he had to go

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I know exactly how you feel, I've been through the same thing with a pet. Every time I hear of a story of a pet get taken i feel that anger again. It will get better with time because you won't think of it as often although when you do think of it, it won't be any less painful. Pax left a spot in your heart that is never going to go away or be forgotten because you love him so much. It's totally normal to feel the way that you do. The positive thing is the wonderful time you had while he was with you and although it was short, you can treasure it in your memory and I am sure that you will eventually smile when you think of him and feel all the love and happiness come right back to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

Oh hun, please don't be sorry. Let it ALL out. We are here for you!
Thank you

Originally Posted by ut0pia

This was a really heartfelt and beautiful tribute.
I am so sorry he had to go

I know exactly how you feel, I've been through the same thing with a pet. Every time I hear of a story of a pet get taken i feel that anger again. It will get better with time because you won't think of it as often although when you do think of it, it won't be any less painful. Pax left a spot in your heart that is never going to go away or be forgotten because you love him so much. It's totally normal to feel the way that you do. The positive thing is the wonderful time you had while he was with you and although it was short, you can treasure it in your memory and I am sure that you will eventually smile when you think of him and feel all the love and happiness come right back to you.
Thanks. I go through stages/spurts....I'm angry, then sad, then guilty, confused.... I hope time heals quickly.

Kitchi woke me up at 2am, crying. He is sooo lonely.