Proud of my dogs for...

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am just so thrilled that things are working out so well! I have my first kitten in sixteen YEARS....my dogs have never been around a KITTEN before....even the youngest most exuberant ones are accepting of her and very curious but gentle and cut it out when I tell them too (such as chasing just a little too much). And the kitten..Gigi...I am delighted that she has such a super temperament to take all the canines so well!
She's just one of the pack! She'll walk under their legs and not go run and hide when they come bounding through the kitchen or something....she and my youngest are forming a cute relationship. Every day while I am getting dressed they jump up on my bed and kind of cuddle and lick and bat each other in the face....my dog Kelly is so sweet with the kitten; I just wanted to brag b/c I am proud of the dogs and so happy that our new kitten is fitting in so well! We've had her three weeks now and she is just another one of the family, like she was never not here
I'm lovin' it

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats awesome!
It is so stressful bringing in a new addition because you just never know how they will react. I am so glad everyone is getting along. What kind of dogs do you have and how old is the kitten? Names? Pics?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Thats awesome!
It is so stressful bringing in a new addition because you just never know how they will react. I am so glad everyone is getting along. What kind of dogs do you have and how old is the kitten? Names? Pics?
Hi

I have Brittany showdogs....11, 8, 6 and 3. Gigi the kitten is 3 1/2 months..will be four months on July 6. There are some pix of Gigi in one of the photo threads and I am also working on a new album at photobucket that has LOTS of dog pictures in it
Will share when done!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They must be beautiful.
I wonder if being in the show ring has helped develop their patience and made them well behaved?

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

They must be beautiful.
I wonder if being in the show ring has helped develop their patience and made them well behaved?
I'm sure it probably helps. All of my dogs have had some training, whether just to stand and stay (and allow an hour + of grooming) to attention training to higher level obedience training. They are pretty good doggies
And this is a high prey-drive breed too....but they definitely know the difference between outside and inside and settle down nicely in the house.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shanynne

Aaaaawww!!! That is very sweeeet!!!! Makes me want to get a puppy!
Dogs are pretty dang special