Question Of The Day - Wednesday, June 24th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning! Oh, it's gonna be an ugly one today! It's 75°F, with 94% humidity....and it's just 6 am!!! I just wish I could hibernate in my a/c today, and not have to venture out in that! I have to remember to take my inhaler. I think it will be hard to breathe, come this afternoon!

Here's today's Question Of The Day!

Do you have a 'junk drawer?' What kind of things are in it? What is the most unusual thing in your junk drawer?

I kind of have two.
One has kitchen towels, potholders, spatulas and other kitchen related gadgets in it. The other one is the true JUNK drawer. It has tools, measuring tapes, pads of paper, pens, pencils and markers, white out, the odd nail or screw, badge holders from conferences, electrical taps....the list is never ending! The oddest thing I found in my junk drawer (when I cleaned it out a couple of weeks ago) was my kidney stone in a little specimen jar! Why did I keep that????

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Do you have a 'junk drawer?' What kind of things are in it? What is the most unusual thing in your junk drawer?
I have one in my office desk that has 'officey' things - tape dispenser, stapler, CD's, jewel cases, envelopes, and all sorts papers and other things that I don't want to throw out.

I have another junk drawer in the kitchen. It has batteries, oven mitts I never use, all sorts of kitchen utensils I never use - many of which I don't even know their purpose (did I mention I don't cook?
), batteries, the knobs for my kitchen cabinets, tape, old vitamins, and hooks used for hanging things on the wall.

Probably the oddest thing in my junk drawers is my class ring. I never wear it and it seems like an out of the way and fairly inconspicuous place to keep it.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have junk drawers in every room of my home! Most of them have no clear-cut designation. For example, I repair dolls; one of the doll supply drawers also contains silicone caulk and stray Christmas ornaments.
I am seriously a mess.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear the junk drawer. I have a good one, and a box from moving (over 2 months ago) that I still have not unpacked labled "junk drawer"
My name is Laura, and I am a pack rat.
Most interesting thing, well not gonna tell ya!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...Let see....

On the kitchen, on the studio, on the bathroom (there are 3 bathrooms at home) or course on in every room at home.,..(yep there are 3 too)
...and on the backyard...

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Good Morning! Oh, it's gonna be an ugly one today! It's 75°F, with 94% humidity....and it's just 6 am!!! I just wish I could hibernate in my a/c today, and not have to venture out in that! I have to remember to take my inhaler. I think it will be hard to breathe, come this afternoon!

Here's today's Question Of The Day!

I kind of have two.
One has kitchen towels, potholders, spatulas and other kitchen related gadgets in it. The other one is the true JUNK drawer. It has tools, measuring tapes, pads of paper, pens, pencils and markers, white out, the odd nail or screw, badge holders from conferences, electrical taps....the list is never ending! The oddest thing I found in my junk drawer (when I cleaned it out a couple of weeks ago) was my kidney stone in a little specimen jar! Why did I keep that????
All my drawers are junk drawers!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few. There's the "third drawer" in the kitchen that has some rubber gloves, scissors, coupons, and a few other odds and ends in it.
My credenza here in the den is full of craft stuff... my MRI and CT scans are in there, too, along with the folder where I keep every single print off and receipt for the cats vet visits.

I have more craft stuff in the reptile room closet and set of storage drawers that need to be properly resorted as they hold all sorts of odds and ends. This is were the tape and glue drawer resides.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an entire 9 drawer junk buffet, with a junk work surface. I also have several junk baskets and a junk drawer in my nightstand. They get thinned out every time I move.
I have everything from spare guitar parts to Chinese chiming medicine balls in them.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!
We have four drawers in our kitchen island, and almost all 4 of them are full of useless things
The other day I found a pair of my diamond earrings I had been looking for
How they ended up there, I have no idea
Everything ends up there though so I really shouldn't be surprised

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

...Let see....

On the kitchen, on the studio, on the bathroom (there are 3 bathrooms at home) or course on in every room at home.,..(yep there are 3 too)
...and on the backyard...

In my kitchen: has assorted kitchen utensils, rags, tape, candles, etc.
In my living room: not a drawer, a cupboard on the wall unit: has candles, picture frames, and other odds and ends.
In the computer room: desk drawer...generally has computer related junk, but also a measuring tape, occassionally gifts, electonic types stuff...
Bathrooms: no drawer in 2 bathrooms, junk cupboards in there that really need cleaned out. 3rd bathroom has a junk drawer that my daughter throws her stuff in...bathroom oriented stuffs
Bedroom (s): not drawers, shelves or bins. My room, one shelf has books, clothes that are too small for my one daughter, or need to be fixed, hottub chemicals, just a bunch of assorted.
Spare room: desk in there with a drawer: kitty stuffs, papers, pens..

Garage: junk BINS.... labelled tho.... electrical junk, plumbing junk, etc. LOL.
Rec room: no junk....yet.... unless you count the half dozen paint cans n' stuff hidden in the cubby with the freezer. Give us time to add furniture to that room, and there will be a junk something.