are there any pregnant TCS members

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am pretty sure their are. I just had my baby in Feb. and I remember that their were a few other people expecting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
emy4cats congratulations!
hubby and I just got back from the DR. and we are expecting our first and probably only (I'm 38)!!!!!!!I'm worried our 5 furbabies will be upset that mommy is going to have a little human. and unfortunatly I'm already hearing "ohh you should get rid of the cats". i feel lie telling them oh your going to have another child well you better get rid of the first, but I'm too nice, although I'd love to see the look on thier face. anyone else out there expecting? I'd love to hear from you.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BBDOLL22

hubby and I just got back from the DR. and we are expecting our first and probably only (I'm 38)!!!!!!!I'm worried our 5 furbabies will be upset that mommy is going to have a little human. and unfortunatly I'm already hearing "ohh you should get rid of the cats". i feel lie telling them oh your going to have another child well you better get rid of the first, but I'm too nice, although I'd love to see the look on thier face. anyone else out there expecting? I'd love to hear from you.
I just had a boy in April. The cats don't bother with him at all. Only one walks up to sniff him. I am sure it will be a different story when he starts to crawl.
I played a you-tube of a baby crying for several months so they can get used to the sound.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Male here my friend!

Congratulations to all will going be "Meowmys" here...

"ohh you should get rid of the cats"..
I was the 2 of 4 brothers....
My parents house always had Cats and never got a problem....So I believe you´ll going to NOT have a problem my friend....
The Cats would be happy to have "another" Cat lover in your son!

Be care!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Thank you! Congratulations to you as well! My 2 kitties have no problems with Jaiden and he LOVES them! Jaiden will be crawling soon so we bought a few baby gates so the cats can get away if they need too. They like to sniff him and if he is asleep they will cuddle up with him.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are expecting our first in September, a little boy! We have two cats and we are definately not getting rid of them just because we're having a baby! I've heard everything under the sun about how bad cats are when your pregnant, and when you have children
The only thing that has changed in regards to the cats is that my fiance now scoops the litterboxes & we've moved the boxes into a different room.

People will say whatever they want to about having cats & everything else about your pregnancy & how you raise your children. I just ignore them, they are ignorant

Congratulations!
How far along are you?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have several members who were raised with cats - including me - and have raised kids and cats (and other critters) together.

Congrats and all the best to you and your hubby and furkids!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was raised with cats too. Dont fear I would never give up my cat babies they were my children before and will continue to be after the baby comes. Baby harley your right about the only thing changing is now my hubby scoopes the boxes and I'm lovin it. I am due in February the estimated due date they told me today is my husbands birthday!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was raised with cats too. Dont fear I would never give up my cat babies they were my children before and will continue to be after the baby comes. Baby harley your right about the only thing changing is now my hubby scoopes the boxes and I'm lovin it. I am due in February the estimated due date they told me today is my husbands birthday!
Congratulations!
I love the fact that I'm not doing the litterbox duty anymore
I hope you have a very happy & healthy pregnancy