Do any of you bring your pets to work?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just reading an article on people who bring their pets to work. Yes, cats too! I am so jealous! There is a woman who works next door who brings her beagle to work everyday. Got me thinking how many of you get to do this. Was it hard to get your boss to agree? What kind of work environment is it? Do you bring a cat or a dog?

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I work at a vet clinic, so I guess it doesn't really count!

BUT, my dad is the manager of a Dillard's in Hot Springs and he brings his Cairn Terrier to work almost every Saturday. And, I once worked as an office assistant and brought my mom's little Yorkie in for a month or so when she was a baby. Don't know anybody that gets to bring their cats to work however...or how many cats would enjoy it,

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live and work in an RV resort, so yeah, I frequently have my dog or bird with me.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to be able to bring my kitties to work with me. However, while Chynna would be in her glory with all of the attention that would be showered on her, Abby would be completely freaked by the experience.

We do have patients that have their dogs brought into see them though. So I get my pet fix that way.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't bring my dogs because they're both goobers and don't behave well enough but I work in a vet clinic and two of the ladies I work with bring their dogs at least once a week.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would love to bring in my cats (2 use a harness and leash so controling them is easier) but one of my co-workers claims she's allergic. Funny thing is I'm usually covered in cat hair and she never sneezes around me!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boss, the owner of the company, is supposedly allergic to cats, but my other boss wants me to bring Genever to work SOOO BAD! She says our boss is only allergic to some cats.

I would love to bring her, especailly since it's just the 3 of us in the whole company and the office is in a house so it's nice and casual, but there's just too much she could get into that would be bad. Too many expensive computer cables and stuff.. It'd be like bringing a curious toddler who likes to play with dangerous and breakable things.

One of these days though I might get the guts to bring her, maybe just try it out one afternoon or something. It would be pretty fun if she behaved like a good kitty..

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do any of you bring your pets to work?

No, but I took one FROM work (sorry, couldn't resist
)

I rescued my torti, Kasey from one of our company facilites, she had been there for some time and did not get the best of care and took some abuse.

I was up there a year ago this May and brought her home. After 1+ year, her health is much better and she seems very happy.

I wouldn't take her to our main office, where I work most of the time but if I did, she might like it, she is very social for having a rough history. Once she got her fill of attention, she would probably "den up" somewhere in my office, since she sticks pretty close to me, and catch up on her "rest"

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have accidentally taken a cat to work with me. I was in a hurry, zipped up my always heavy work bag and went to work. I opened it when I got there, and out popped Fred. I had to take him home.
I went home for lunch in my cab one day last week, and left the windows down. When I got ready to go back to work, I got in my cab, and there sat Fluffy in the passenger seat. She likes car rides, and probably would have been fine riding around, but I was afraid of her bolting when the door opened and a stranger got in, or sitting on the cab stand with the windows open.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I have accidentally taken a cat to work with me. I was in a hurry, zipped up my always heavy work bag and went to work. I opened it when I got there, and out popped Fred. I had to take him home.
I went home for lunch in my cab one day last week, and left the windows down. When I got ready to go back to work, I got in my cab, and there sat Fluffy in the passenger seat. She likes car rides, and probably would have been fine riding around, but I was afraid of her bolting when the door opened and a stranger got in, or sitting on the cab stand with the windows open.
Thats hysterical!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never been able to bring a pet to work, but this has put me in mind of a lady that did.
When I worked at a pet store. ( I won't mention it by name but it rhymes with betband) The manager brought her parrot in every day she worked. Mean bird, just nasty as the day is long, this bird was horrible. He knocked all the other birds off their perches and caused mayhem, biting anyone who came near to rescue the other bird he was tormenting. She did not care. He talked, a lot. Good selling point for prospective bird owners. Grrrrrrr. He did cause injury to other birds, and still she didn't care.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do!

I work in a vet clinic and bring one or both of my dogs every day.

I used to take Napolean when he was little but now he hates the vet and freaks out as soon as we walk in the building. He's a bit of a control freak :p

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

I would love to bring in my cats (2 use a harness and leash so controling them is easier) but one of my co-workers claims she's allergic. Funny thing is I'm usually covered in cat hair and she never sneezes around me!
It's normally the cat dander they are allergic to rather than the hair.

Bijou loves the car and likes driving around with us and he would probably be fine here at work. The problem is toting around kitty litter pans.
With a dog, I could just take it for a walk when it needed to go, not so with a cat.

One of the doctors at the medical centre that I go to brings their dog to work with them. They have a "bed" made up under their desk for the dog and food/water dishes behind the reception area.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work in a small office and my boss is a cat person, so I could probably get away with bringing one of my crew to work. I wouldn't try it, though, because three of my four are so shy and scared in new situations and the fourth hates everbody but me.
I did bring a very socialable, adorable little orange kitten I was fostering to work a couple of years ago and everybody loved him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a nice experiance when I caught that stray kitten a few months ago (has it really been that long?) and everyone at work was googoo gaga over her. She was such a flirt!
Fiona would be perfect to bring to work because she is a flirt also. But she would also have her nose in everyones business and I don't have an office to shut the door.

I want to get a poodle someday. So, I am trying to put it in their minds that it is a good thing to have dogs at work.

My boss also brought his ailing fathers cocker spaniel to work for about a week when he was in the hospital. He was an older smelly dog but it still gave a vitalization to the workplace. Everyone fought over who would take him out for walks.

russiankitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh heavens going to college with my four.
I think I'd have to take dear little Nefertiti as shes the most lady like and civilised of the four. Or so she'd like me to believe

I think shed just snuggle in and listen to my lessons with me I like that idea!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

When I was six years old I tried to take my cat Socks to school with me in my backpack but my grandma caught me. My bag started meowing as I got on the bus.

Polly likes her home comforts and is scared of the outdoors, unlike Molly. Even though Molly is more aloof she would be the one to enjoy going places. When she was a kitten I took her all over the place and she used to ride on my shoulders.

fattykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitties probably would be a little scared and flip out, especially Fatty. They used to be barn cats so they weren't that well socialized. However, when I do get a new kitten (and a job-which I can't legally have) I'll take him or her with me whenever possible.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually just told my boss (the one who wants desperately for me to bring my cat to work) this morning what I posted before, that I thought bringing Genever would be like bringing a toddler who gets into everything.. Still she seems convinced it'd be cool, that there's not too much she could really ruin or break... Maybe I will bring her over some afternoon when i come back from lunch. I'll let you know how it goes if i do.

But yeah, what about the litter box thing? Guess i'd just have to buy another one.. is there such a thing as a portable/travel litter box?