If you were going to "run away" where would you run to?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I've been thinking today about where I would run away to if I was going to run away. It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me. It may not sound positive, but if I day dream about where else I could be I won't get so stuck in the chaos that is my family.

Without a doubt I would run away to Kanab, Utah to work at Best Friends. That way I could be with animals that needed help all day!

Where would you run to?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

So, I've been thinking today about where I would run away to if I was going to run away. It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me. It may not sound positive, but if I day dream about where else I could be I won't get so stuck in the chaos that is my family.

Without a doubt I would run away to Kanab, Utah to work at Best Friends. That way I could be with animals that needed help all day!

Where would you run to?
I'll meet you there my friend!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Japan! It's one place that I really want to visit.

I swear I was born into the wrong culture. I love everything about Japan from the traditional fashions to the art and food.

If I could run to another era, it would be the Victorian era. Not sure I could live without running water and electricity though!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I needed to run away for awhille, it would be Scotland.
If it was just for a little while, it would be the cemetery across the street.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely Australia/New Zealand. The only thing I don't like about Australia is that everything is very expensive. If I could afford to live there, I would be there right now.

Either that or I would do what my cousin did: Take a 2-year tour of the world. Go to 50 countries and spend 2 weeks in each country. That would be awesome.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Australia - I've always wanted to visit there and it's nice and far away from stuff.
Other then that, I think I'd enjoy some quiet little village somewhere isolated in Northern Ontario.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I already ran away, lol, so I'm at that place!
Me too
! I ran away from Brasil to the US!! Funny thing is that if I would run away now, I would run back to Brasil!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I can't bring myself to leave the USA... so I'm running away to Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. I'll build myself a little beach house on stilts and collect seaglass to make jewelry out of...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fran, what a wonderful reference! I'd never seen that Ghandi quote before, but I've known ever since I was a teenager that something like this exists:

“There is an indefinable, mysterious power that pervades everything. I feel it, though I do not see it. It is this unseen power that makes itself felt and yet defies all proof, because it is so unlike all that I perceive through my senses. It transcends the senses.” (Mahatma Ghandi)
I found a very thin place in the Cairngorm mountains of Scotland... and music can thin out almost any place for me.

Thank you for letting me know what good company I'm in!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would probably run away to either Dunedin (cold down there) or up north to Auckland or Rotorua. If I ran away overseas it would be to the UK!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I would have to say Scotland, that is where my family history originated and I would really love to track down some of branches on the family tree....

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A tropical warm island with blue water
Now ya see me, now you

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Back to Dallas, but I'd have to go back in time too. We went back for a short visit, and everything was so changed from what I'd spent a dozen years dreaming about that all I did was cry the whole time....

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Northern California coast, redwoods on one side and the beach on the other. HEAVEN!

That's where we are going for our honeymoon, just a few days away to relax and unwind. Let the dogs play in the ocean and just breathe the salt air.

Can't wait!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back to New Jersey
Maybe New Hampshire or something if I really want to get away from everything I know.