Miss You, Esme

theharelquinade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We lost our beautiful little girl Esme today.
She's not been herself recently, holding her head funny, not eating, drinking a lot.
So yesterday we took her to the vet. He said that she had an irrengularly shaped and enlarged kidney, and said he thought he could feel some kind of growth. He gave her two jabs and told us to go back today.

Well, we did, and the news wasn't good. He said that he couldn't be sure that she definately had a tumor but he was 99% sure she did. They could have done tests on her, but they would have taken a long time, all the while her suffering, and even then there was no guarantee that we'd find out what was wrong.
I know so many people out there don't agree with putting pets down, but my mum and I really felt that it was the best thing.
We left her about 45 minutes ago and we're in pieces, but I know that it'd hurt even more to prolong her life, putting her through strenuous tests and the discomfort of travelling to thet vet.

So RIP Esme, my beautiful girl. Your zing and your spark were taken too early, but at least you can be with your old friend Barney to terrorise him again wherever you are.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP sweet Esme

She looks like such a beautiful little girl

Big hugs for you and your mom
You did the right thing to prevent her suffering any further

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theharelquinade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. I needed that reassurance.
I think that whenever you put a cat to sleep, there's always that nagging doubt in your head that they could have been saved.

And she was beautiful. Except for when she drooled like a faucet. Always did, since she was a kitten.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TheHarelquinade

Thank you. I needed that reassurance.
I think that whenever you put a cat to sleep, there's always that nagging doubt in your head that they could have been saved.

And she was beautiful. Except for when she drooled like a faucet. Always did, since she was a kitten.
You wouldn't be human if you didn't have that feeling....most people question whether they could have done more, etc.

You did what was best for Esme, and I'm sure she is thankful for you not letting her suffer.

May she play happily over the bridge.

theharelquinade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. The vet was wonderful with her and told us that we were doing that was best for her.

I'm happy that our particular vet was the last person she saw. He was rather gorgeous and wonderful and in love with my cat <3

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a beautiful girl with a beautiful name - and a loving family. prayers for all of you.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP beautiful girl.

You did what you felt in your heart was right for your kitty. That's all anyone can ask.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, look at that pretty face
She remonds me of my Maisie

So sorry for your loss. Rest In Peace
Esme

theharelquinade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you to everyone.
She's the second cat we've lost on three months. I guess that now we're feeling the bad side of getting 7 cats in the space of 8 years.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TheHarelquinade

Thank you to everyone.
She's the second cat we've lost on three months. I guess that now we're feeling the bad side of getting 7 cats in the space of 8 years.
I know how you feel
My two went within 4 months of each other. It`s never easy but they are at peace now

seiko7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i lost my precious siamese one year ago..i have four others, but i miss her...still...memories are our best friends.Your sweetie looks alot like Maggie, a kitty in the shelter i volunteer at.
I wish you well, my thoughts are with you.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for making the hard decision to end dear Esme's pain.
Please do not second guess yourself. I know it is very hard, but you did the merciful, unselfish thing.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved friend and companion.