QOTD Tues. June 23

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is my 2yr anniversary today....which leads me into today's daily question:

- When did you get married? ( or move in with a spouse or are getting married)

- And for our single members, did you ever have the dream of being married by a certain time? (like me, I always wanted to be married before I turned 30) or when did you know you were a single type of person?

I was 1 month over my 30th bday when I married on June 23, 2007.

(it is actually the day before hubby's birthday as well.... So he can rightfully say "Marrying her, aged me a year overnight"
)

Ironically, although I wanted marriage, my hubby says he's surprised because I am quite content on my own.

If something ever happened, I know I would not marry again.

ETA: if you know of any gifts that would suit someone who is impossible to buy for, and has everything he needs, let me know.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
were not married yet its a long way off but we moved in 2 years ago come july and weve had cats instead of kids we joke about it, they are our kits hehe

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're getting married June 5, 2010
We also live together right now. We moved in together about 3 years ago, after we'd been dating for two years. This August will be our 5 year anniversary.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got married on a Friday night, Dec. 6, 1974. That was 4 months after our first date.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am not married. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think I would care if I ever did not get married. I have never had the urge. I like to know that if I did marry someone it wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t be because I felt I had to, it would be because that person was someone truly special to be able to make me actually care if I got married.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Single person here, and I pretty much never wanted to get married. I've always been really independent and it has caused more then a few problems in my relationships over the years. I've always been happy just being on my own.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an October wedding many many moons ago and got divorced in October 13 yrs ago. I don't wish to marry again because I'm comfy living on my own.

Happy 2yr Anniversary Chris!
My ex and I never exchanged gifts since it came out of the same checking account but we did use to cook each other a special dinner and - or go out to a movie. So I am of no help thinking of a gift

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was married August 24, 2002 and divorced June 15, 2005
I was 24 when I got married. I had always seen myself getting married, but i had kinda hoped it would be a one shot deal, but that didn't work out
I've been on my own for 4 years now and I can honestly say I am happier than I ever was in a relationship. I do what I want, when I want and how I want
I do not see myself ever getting married again

My mom raised me to be a little too independent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I was married July 7 1979. We started dating when we were 17, We got married at 19.
30yrs on my daughters 9th bday..... That is awesome. Hope there's many more.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These days, I'm what you would call "comfortably single."
I had roommates all through college and since then (going on 15 years now) I have enjoyed the freedom of living alone. I've only lived with one person long-term since then and it started to grate on my nerves within 6 months. I can't say that I won't ever be married, but I'm not out actively trying to make it happen.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got married on May 25, 2003, which was the 12th anniversary of our first date. When I was younger, I actually had a reverse goal about getting married...I didn't want to get married until I was at least 30. (I was 34 when I got married, so that's one goal I achieved.
)

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

30yrs on my daughters 9th bday..... That is awesome. Hope there's many more.
Thank You My birthday is July 6. The reason we got married July 7 , I had to be 19 to get a marriage license

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I married my highschool sweetheart on October 3rd, 1981. I've been divorced for 20 years. I'd never marry again. I'm pretty sure I'll never get into another relationship again. I'll just stick to cats.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I never really expected I'd get married, so it came as a bit of a suprise to me. I'd really not had much luck in relationships and met my husband about a month after I decided "to heck with this, I'll stay single." Funny how things work out sometimes.

We were married February 5th, 2005.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was September 14, 1985. That is the day DH's closet brother in age got married but many years earlier!!

For that hard to shop person-if they have a home get a gift cert at a area nursery or greenhouse so they can get plant material for their yard.

Or a good set of kitchen knives or just one or two really good ones.