Cuteness warning and need help with Coffee's little sister's name

uluagirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Before Coffee grows up too fast, I want to give him a kitty friend. So today he got a little sister. I tried to ask the owner to keep the kitten with the mommy cat longer since the kitten is soooo small. However, he still insisted on giving all the kittens away. Anyway, do you help me with her name?? Could it be milk tea?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee and Tea....
Coffee and Sweetness....
Coffee and Mocha....
Coffee and Bailey(s)
Coffee and Creamy
Coffee and Milky

She's a cutie. How old is she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

uluagirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Only 4 weeks old. The owner has the mommy cat but didn't want to keep the kitten. Jeanie

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about Chai? When I go to the local coffee house, sometimes I get chai tea! It's so sad that they couldn't keep that precious tiny baby longer.

I think Chai would be a good name for Coffee's sister! What do you think?

uluagirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I like two syllabus words for the name. I kind of want to think of a name to fit her color and personality. She has a very calm and mellow personality. Bisguit sounds yummy. Milk tea is a little hard to pronounce. How about Lattee, Moca, Cookie, or Mona lisa?

She already gets upset because everytime Coffee comes around her, he beats her with his paws with good strength. He also held her down. This little one was not giving up on fighting back also! Here I have questions. 1) Right now I put them in separate rooms since I am at work. When I comes home, I will let them meet again. I think Coffee thinks of her as a toy and is practicing his preying skills
If they are beating each other again, should I intervene? How to help them get along sooner?

2) This little one still doesn't know how to use the litter box and urinate on my bed. She has already eaten wet can food. After eating, I put her on the litter box and used her paws to scratch the litter. When Coffee was using her litter box, I let her watched. She still didn't get it.
What else I can do to help her know how to use the litter box?

Thank you all for all the help! Welcome any more inputs for the name. It is hard to decide.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's a cutie! But soooo young! Shame on the person for not letting her stay with her mommy for at least a couple more weeks!

For litter training, I would suggest keeping her in one room with a litter box. Not your bedroom, unless you want her to use your bed as a toilet again. If there is no way to move her elsewhere, find something protective to cover your bed. I would also try some Kitten Attract litter. I would guess it takes time. Little ones are used to having their moms help them.

Someone else will know - at 4 weeks, are they able to pee/poop on their own, or would they still be being stimulated by mommacat?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is adorable! But it really is too bad that that lady wouldn't let her stay with her Kitty-mom longer.

Please post your questions about her in the Pregnant Cats & Kittens forum. There are people there who have experience raising bottle babies and other aged orphans, which is essentially what you have with her. They would be the best to answer your questions and help you finish raising her like her mommy would do.

BTW, I like Latte for her name.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too much cutness!!! Can't think.....

I like the name Ellie May for a female cat. Otherwise I like Latte if it needs to go with Coffee.

uluagirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry to complicate things. I like Latte, Mocha, tea bisguit, and the brazillian tea (forget the name). However, I also thinks her color resembles Oreo. What do you think about that?

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mate (Mah-tay) with an accent over the e is the Brazilian tea (rhymes with latte, actually). I like that or Latte to go with Coffee. I don't see Oreo either.