Buffy vs. Edward (Twlight Remixed)

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Excellent editing work... this was done better than I've seen some TV shows edited.

I like the ending too...
I gave a nice cheer at the end. I think Edward got what he deserved for tarnishing the good name of vampires everywhere.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

I gave a nice cheer at the end. I think Edward got what he deserved for tarnishing the good name of vampires everywhere.
Oh yes... I've been enjoying the Twilight referenced pics over on the Celeb version of LOLCats... Vampires should NOT sparkle... I'm sorry...

Some of the ladies at work are reading/have recently read Twilight and i have to REALLY bite my tongue when I hear them talk about how great the books are... while I'm over at my table in the lunch room reading Jane Austen. Some of the kid/teen series are done well (Potter comes to mind), but really? Stick to 'historical' canon on vampires... especially if you want adults to take your work seriously... so yes, I cheered for Buffy. She may not be exact, but she's a heck of a lot closer to canon...

Vamps are not supposed to sparkle... blech. Some things just shouldn't be messed with...

Vampire rant over...

Amanda

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Oh yes... I've been enjoying the Twilight referenced pics over on the Celeb version of LOLCats... Vampires should NOT sparkle... I'm sorry...

Some of the ladies at work are reading/have recently read Twilight and i have to REALLY bite my tongue when I hear them talk about how great the books are... while I'm over at my table in the lunch room reading Jane Austen. Some of the kid/teen series are done well (Potter comes to mind), but really? Stick to 'historical' canon on vampires... especially if you want adults to take your work seriously... so yes, I cheered for Buffy. She may not be exact, but she's a heck of a lot closer to canon...

Vamps are not supposed to sparkle... blech. Some things just shouldn't be messed with...

Vampire rant over...

Amanda
I couldn't agree more! That sparkle thing was way too over the top.

I read the 2nd and 3rd books before this one because that is the order that the library sent them to me. I found the Author's writing to be very unpolished and childish. I felt like I was reading something written by a grade school child.

So far as the movie was concerned, I would give it 1/2 to 1 star out of 5. I realize the books are set around an area that is supposed to be rainy and cloudy so that the vampires can be outside. But it was too much! The whole rainy/cloudy atmosphere made the movie very dreary and hard to watch.

I was extremely disappointed with the casting. None of the characters in the movie even came close to resembling the impression I was given about what the characters looked like from the books, especially Alice! And I didn't find Edward to be as irresistible as he is described in the book.

I also felt that the white vampyre makeup was poorly done, splotchy and streaky. Carlyle for instance looked like a clown with a white face, ruby red lips and eye rims. And there was more than one scene where I swear I saw scenes where the ears were left uncovered. One scene towards the end when Bella was in the hospital, it also looked like they forgot to paint not only Edward's ears, but his neck and chest too. And did I mention how streaky the makeup was?!

One scene that I did enjoy because of the irony and humour was when Bella showed up at their house and they were cooking an Italian dinner for her. Not worth the ticket price to see, but it at least gave some life to a movie that I found otherwise rather dim and dry.

A vampyre series that I did enjoy was "The House of Night"

http://www.houseofnightseries.com/

It's high school drama, but the writing is far superior and more mature. It's good vs. evil that combines vampyre lore with wicca, Cherokee lore, and a little bit of Christianity in the 5th book. It's interesting to see how all of this has been woven together.

You do have to read the books in order because it is a continuing saga, so if you read them out of order you get lost.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that. I'm a huge Buffy fan (I have the entire series on DVD) and I thought that was great. But then again I think almost anything with Sarah Michelle Gellar is great. I had the biggest crush on her when I was younger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer is such a great show! Our 11 year-old daughter just devoured all seven years in a few months. We've had the DVDs for a while but just now thought she was old enough (and I figured she needed a kick-butt role model to cancel out the Bella character!).

Truly, Edward got what he deserved in the clip!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

So far as the movie was concerned, I would give it 1/2 to 1 star out of 5. I realize the books are set around an area that is supposed to be rainy and cloudy so that the vampires can be outside. But it was too much! The whole rainy/cloudy atmosphere made the movie very dreary and hard to watch.
Actually, a HUGE fuss was made because they filmed the first movie here in Portland, OR (and we ALL know Portland's reputation for very little sunlight). They have switched locations for the second movie (made the evening news here... and why?) because someone ticked someone off and they refuse to return here... yeah... okay. No big loss in my opinion...

Amanda

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Buffy! That's a hilarious video. I didn't read the books because I'm not into Young Adult fiction but I did watch the movie and thought it was the most boring thing I've ever seen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe the second movie was filmed here on the island, and in Vancouver on the mainland. Tween daughter was thrilled!

I didn't read the books, either, but saw the movie. Husband hasn't seen the movie but doesn't want to now, after watching this clip, lol!

Googley-eyes!

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Husband hasn't seen the movie but doesn't want to now, after watching this clip, lol!

Googley-eyes!
My thoughts exactly! It's hard for me even watching the 6 minutes worth of Edward clips without feeling the urge to vomit. I could never sit through the whole movie. He reminds me of the goth kid from South Park that's constantly tossing his hair out of his eyes.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That was awesome!

I'm a big Buffy fan and have seen Twilight, along with reading all the books. There's no comparasion. I enjoyed every Buffy episode and loved the characters. Bella and Edward just got on my nerves.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw that yesterday and I can't get over how wonderfully it was put together. I realize it's a counter to the creepy misogynistic attitude found in Twilight, but it's also entertaining.

I enjoy the Twilight saga. I've seen the movie a few times (own the DVD) and it's great for just vegging out. Do I take it seriously? Pfft, no. Would I want Edward as a boyfriend? Hell no! Give me Angel. *wiggles eyebrows*

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Buffy though.

Btw, here is me, wearing my "And then Buffy staked Edward. The End." tshirt: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...45_resized.jpg (The shirt can be found at jinx.com).