What are your pet peeves?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure its been asked before, but we get new members all the time.

So, what really gets your goat? Annoys you?

Some of mine include, but are not limited to:

- lateness without explanation pre-lateness (if you are running late, call prior to the scheduled arrival time) or a darn good reason for not calling. This one really gets to me, and I'm very impatient waiting.

- know it alls.... You know, the type that have to throw their 2cents into anything just to be heard.... ones that think they are above you because they know or pretend to know more.... the ones that are never wrong.

- fake people (which includes: liars, people pretending to be someone they truly aren't, etc.)

- my husband's "habit" of scratching his........

- my kids bickering about silly things...

- people who whine about having no money, then are seen spending on non-essential items.

- ungratefulness

oh wow, I could go on.... I really don't have alot of "minor" peeves, mine are all fairly major.

- feet... please don't touch me with your feet LOL.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lies,

judgmental people - It is beyond me how people can judge others not knowing their situation...

Schedules on days off - In my job I used to have every minute planned on my outlook, every minute, literally. Because of that, I hate making plans for having fun... I am always late by nature, and I hate doing anything I don't want to, at that moment... So, to not piss people off (or myself), I avoid making plans as much as I can

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

So, to not piss people off (or myself), I avoid making plans as much as I can
I don't make plans either..... I can't say whether I will be having a pain free or pain intense day. My plans are usually made within an hour or so of doing them.

That's prolly a pet peeve my friends have with me.... although they know, if they NEED me, I'm there no matter how much pain I'm in.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I don't make plans either..... I can't say whether I will be having a pain free or pain intense day. My plans are usually made within an hour or so of doing them.

That's prolly a pet peeve my friends have with me.... although they know, if they NEED me, I'm there no matter how much pain I'm in.
Same here - an hour or so before.... For important things, yes, my friends know I will be there any time, no matter what.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my major pet peeves is when guys whistle for me because they don't see me and want me to appear in front of them like I am their pet dog.

Another one is lateness. If you are going to be late, then call.

I have a few driving related pet peeves:

Drivers who don't use their turn signals

Drivers who don't use their headlights in inclement weather (driving lights don't count because they don't turn the taillights on)

Drivers who are ignorant of others around them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I have a few driving related pet peeves:

Drivers who don't use their turn signals
thats another of mine.

- also can't stand people that drive below the speed limit when there's no reason to.

- drivers that don't look when they are backing up

- drivers that speed down my street. I live on a crescent...its a small street like (_) and you are blind when coming around the curves..... This is a street filled with little kids. You need to have your foot hovering on the brake when you round the curves.

which leads me to another peeve

- children.... the disrespectful ones, the misbehaved ones.

- childrens motorized vehicles. I despise them. #1: keep them on the sidewalk NOT the road... #2 its illegal for them to be on the road #3 alot of kids don't look when driving on the road #4: ummm, childhood obesity is on the rise...hmmmm. I wonder why. I had a bicycle.... my kids had tricycles, a pedal gokart, and now bicycles.

I drive a truck.... ummm, very difficult/impossible to see if a little kid comes wheeling behind me on one of those vehicles.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mine tend to be just driving ones really,

people using their phone when driving
reading maps when driving

oh and people that will stand and sl*g someone off to the high heavens then are all nicey nice to them when they see them

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only things that really get me going are bad drivers. I also drive a big truck and I have to use the air horns on a daily basis.

I hate when people see me signaling and don't let me in. Even though there is another open lane they just have to block me. I hate when people don't signal but what I hate more is people who forget to cancel their signal after a lane change.

Me and a buddy of mine always joke that if we were to take all of the bad drivers off the road, there would only be about 5 of us left and from what I see every day, I'm starting to believe that more and more.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Picky eaters, I know it shouldnt bother me what other people do or don't eat but when someone is closeminded about food it just bugs the heck outta me!

Here in Maine we have a yeild sign when you merge onto the freeway. It irritates me to no end when people dont scoot over into the next lane, or when they do merge they're going 20 instead of 60 like they should be.

Infact people going below the speedlimit bothers me in general, and people that pass me when I'm doing the speedlimit, argh!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mouth no1ses. kEEP it shut when you chew!
Dr1vers who use the1r cell wh1le dr1v1ng.
Th1s stup1d keyboard for not lett1ng me use the letter after H.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

- people who whine about having no money, then are seen spending on non-essential items.
I really hate this, probably because I know what it is like to have no money. It really bothers me. I have a pair of friends that are like this. They always whine about having no money, but they are always going out to eat and buying DVDs and games and expensive junk food. Instead, they could be saving all that money and spending it on repairing their car or paying off the student loans they always complain about... ARGH!

My other pet peeves are:

When someone starts to tell me something and then says "nevermind!" or tells me that they have a present for me or a secret but they won't tell me what it is. It drives me crazy wanting to know what they were going to say or what they are keeping from me!

When the edge of someone's t-shirt sleeve is turned up. I don't know why this bothers me. It's a pretty stupid thing to be annoyed by.

Religious evangelists who use their belief as an excuse to be cruel and prejudiced and superior. I'm sure everyone has met some of these people.

Anyone trying to pick up my cats by the scruff of their neck!!!!!!

People who don't use their turn signals when driving.

People who try to TEXT MESSAGE while driving?!!

Hypochondriacs - people who always have a new health problem every time you talk to them, and I mean fairly minor health problems, not people who have the bad luck to actually be sickly. You can usually tell the difference between someone who is in pain and someone who is just whinging.

People who think they know what is best for you and tell you all the time what they think you should do, even when you don't ask for their opinions! I hate when people tell me how to live my life. It's my life, and I am probably going to make mistakes and that's okay. If I wanted your advice, I would ask for it!

People ignoring me when I am speaking to them.

I think that's about it. Wow, I guess I am annoyed by a lot of stuff, huh?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just saw another one.....when you empty the trash can PUT A NEW BAG in it. LMAO I am so annoyed by this. Oh and empty cat food cans belong in the recycle bag under the sink not in the sink soaking for hours.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anyone that gets an animal and then doesn't take care of it!! Along the same lines, get a puppy but don't want the dog it turns into or kitten but doesn't want a cat. Come on folks how stupid are you??? If it comes through the door it is part of the family and stays no matter what

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
People who speak without thinking....wadded up washcloth in the tub...people who say they love the pet they have and then don't get them fixed.....people who wear jackets and long pants, but their kids have on shorts and no jacket...people who sit in the break area for the smokers, and complain about the smoke.....NO I don't smoke.....people who think they are the ONLY car on the road....people who send SPAM and don't even know it is. I can go on forever.....cuz I am just a B****......or so I am told

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

Anyone that gets an animal and then doesn't take care of it!! Along the same lines, get a puppy but don't want the dog it turns into or kitten but doesn't want a cat. Come on folks how stupid are you??? If it comes through the door it is part of the family and stays no matter what
Thank you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It also drives me NUTS when people can't afford something that has to do with their pet and it is something they NEED, not just like putting off an annual vet visit or something. SELL SOMETHING. GET RID OF CABLE. IF YOU DON'T NEED IT FOR YOUR JOB, GET RID OF YOUR INTERNET. BORROW MONEY FROM YOUR FAMILY. Stop eating meat for a month. I mean - there are SO MANY things that can be done to find the money you need. And I've been there and done that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a lot of pet peeves that have been mentioned here, but the biggest thing that bothers me is HYPOCRISY.

I also have a big problem with people being judgmental.

I have a problem with people who don't seem to have any empathy.

Intolerance.

People telling me how great I'd look if I wore make up.

And in addition to all the other driving issues (going slower than the speed limit, not using turn signals), I need to add:

Drivers who cut people off and
People who can't park inbetween the lines in a parking space.

In addition to being a pet peeve, it breaks my heart when people who hit an animal with their car on the road (if it's not a really busy road) don't stop to DO anything about it. If nothing else, please stop to make sure the animal is dead and not injured and suffering horribly.

Laurie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh - and...

people who don't say "excuse me" when they burp or fart,
people who eat with their mouths open,
people who talk with food in their mouths,
people who don't cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze,
and I HAVE to say "god bless you" or "gezhuntheit" when someone sneezes, and it bugs me or really bums me out when there are a lot of people around (like in a supermarket) and I'm the only one who says it,
and people who don't hold the door when you're RIGHT THERE.

So.... I think the pet peeve could be generally categorized as bad manners!

Laurie

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Picky eaters, I know it shouldnt bother me what other people do or don't eat but when someone is closeminded about food it just bugs the heck outta me!
I am a super picky eater, I WILL try something that I have not had before. I just usually don't like it!

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Oh and empty cat food cans belong in the recycle bag under the sink not in the sink soaking for hours.
Can you please tell this to Eric?????? He puts them in the sink and expects me to put it in the recycle box RIGHT under the sink. It's like really who is that lazy

I can't stand when people are fake, dishonest, mean to my pets, rude, lazy, stupid (not the 1+1=4 stupid, but the "where is the crunch berry tree" stupid), disrespectful, and mean. I also can't stand the people who need to one-up you on everything. People that think they know everything, people who don't take care of their kids. People who work so much they don't spent any time with their children. People who let their 4 year olds play in the street and NO ONE is watching them!!

Oh and by the way if you don't want pet hair on your clothes don't come over!!! No I will not put any of my pets in a bed room. This is their home you don't want to be around them DON"T COME OVER!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When someone posts a comment or advice and then a couple of posts later somebody repeats the exact same thing that was already said, without mentioning agreement or giving credit.
But it doesn't bother me much and that's the only peeve I can think of.

Serious stuff makes me mad or upset but I don't have many little peeves.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of pet peeves. . .

-The phrase "pet peeve"

-When people let their dogs out free and let them roam wherever they want.

-Hypocrisy.

-When people are close-minded and judgmental.

-WeN PPL TyPe LyK dIS!!! OMG!!!*%*&%

-When the last of something is gone, but someone still leaves the empty box or bag in the freezer or cupboard.

I have a lot of "irresponsible pet owner" peeves, but those are more of a passion than just an irritation.