Some people need to mind their own business!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yesterday Eric and I ran up to Walmart to pick up some kitty litter. aiden had a binky (he is 4 months old) and this lady stoped to tell me how cute he is (totally normal we do have one cute kid
) Well Then she started telling me how I need to get rid of the binky because it will make him not want to eat and I might not be feeding him enough.... Ok my child is 18lbs and 26in long. I am pretty sure he is eating ust fine
I should not have gotten so upset over it, but I did! I felt like she was telling me I don't take good care of my child!

(oh btw I have a key broken on my key bored... its the abcdefghi ___ klmnopqrstuvwxyz key)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emy4cats

I should not have gotten so upset over it, but I did! I felt like she was telling me I don't take good care of my child!
I would, and have, done the same..... When it comes to parenting my children, insulting me will not earn a positive response from me

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If someone tries that again, tell them it's the beatings you administer each night that are more likely to cause problems in the future

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

If someone tries that again, tell them it's the beatings you administer each night that are more likely to cause problems in the future

don't you just love the people who know your child. better than you do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Here is a pic of my "underfed" child

As you can see from his arm rolls, thunder thighs, and pot belly I never feed him. (He had eaten right before this pic and is sticking his tummy out it is not THAT big)

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a handsome boy Aiden is! When it comes to babies I always think the chubbier the cuter
!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jamasmom

What a handsome boy Aiden is! When it comes to babies I always think the chubbier the cuter
!
Thank you! He is quite the chub. I read that breastfed babies are so post to be long and lean.....
Guess we are the exception to that. It just shocks me that someone would even think that I don't feed him enough! I always expected to get the "you baby is too chubby" comments.
I mean he is 4 months old and wears the 9 months size!!
(Its actually Jaiden the "J" key was broken on the other key bored just switched them
)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

that poor malnourished child.

Thank you! He is quite the chub. I read that breastfed babies are so post to be long and lean.....
Guess we are the exception to that. It just shocks me that someone would even think that I don't feed him enough! I always expected to get the "you baby is too chubby" comments.
I mean he is 4 months old and wears the 9 months size!!
(Its actually Jaiden the "J" key was broken on the other key bored just switched them
)
I don't know about that....I have one formula fed and one breastfed daughter... My FF daughter was tall and lean.. a good weight yes, some chub, yes in the belly and bum. My BF daughter.... well..... she was HUGE compared to my 1st.

But I have to factor in the fact that she weighed 11lbs at birth... she never fit in the newborn diapers, and wore a size 3mos outfit home...so to keep the growth curve, she did weigh substantially more than babies her age. (whereas my first, was only 7lbs 10oz).

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

It's a pacifier
Ahhh! I call those "soothers"

Your boy is large for his age, so it's entirely possible that the woman thought he was much older than he actually is.

Regardless though, it really wasn't any of her business. But in her defense she was more than likely just offering up some motherly advice and didn't mean it in a malicious manner.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That child is NOT underfed! But I think I would have been polite and told her "thank you for the advice" and not say another word.

I had to bite my tongue on lots of "advice" my ex MIL gave me regarding my son and his care. One thing is she insisted that he had to be bundled up in the cold. My son hated to be overdressed and would be more fussy if all bundled up.

So I learned to just let her "bundle him up" in the house and when in the car, I just took off half of what she had on him and he was fine.

You know your child, she doesn't.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Poor Jaiden, you're skin and bone!!! Isn't your mommy feeding you enough?
I can't believe some people are that goofy!! Jaiden is sooooo precious!! I just want to pinch those cheeks! (on his face of course
) What a cutie! He's on his way to becoming a football linebacker!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First off.... awww jaiden is adorable!!! People think they know everything!
I dont have children but I do have horses and to me they are like my kids lol. People try and tell me what to do with them or question me, they dont know my horse and i dont need their advice if you want to call it that, its more of criticizing. I can never understand people, they frustrate me! lol

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's SOOOOO cute!

My mil drove me nuts with my first child. She was almost 3, and not potty trained. My mil would come and visit and constantly nag that she wasn't potty trained, but HER kids were at that age. Well- I had JUST had another child- and gee-that kind of threw her for a loop! She was 3.5 when she finally was out of diapers.

BTW- it didn't "slow" down her development LOL. She's a sophomore in high school, class ranking is 65th out of almost 500- and she plays violin beautifully.

Cheryl

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eeeeeee what a chubster!!
Jaiden is just adorable. Holy schmoly, you must get a work out carrying him around though!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is a beautiful baby and certainly is getting enough to eat. I remember I would get irritated with people who offered advice when my children were babies but I usually just acted like I appreciated their advice and went about my business. I truly believe that most people who do that have a good heart and believe that they are helping.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It doesn't stop when they pass infancy either. My two younger daughters (age 28 and 30) and I all work together. Co workers are always telling me what one or the other daughter should be doing with her life. ? Uh, at their ages, I think they are pretty much in charge of their own lives, and would not take well to much interference from me.
Of course the girls still run to me for back up when they disagree with each other too....
He's a cutie, and looks pretty well fed and content to me, Binky or no! Mine all had one, and some of the grandkids kept them so long I had to bite my tongue.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't even get me started on things that my MIL says to me!! Sometimes that woman just drives me nuts. If she is not criticizing me on how I take care of Jaiden then its about how "mean" I am to Comet, how I "control" Eric, how I need to clean more, how fat I am, what I wear, or how I cook. She is trying to talk Eric into to moving back home. Her comments are all on the sly too. One time when they were over I was petting Figaro and was like "Oh wow I need to comb you" and she was like "So you take time to comb the cats but you won't brush Comet?"
I am the one that does everything with that dog!! I get up at 5am everyday so I can take her for a walk before Eric leaves for work. Eric does not walk her, brush her, play with her. It is all me on top of cooking every night, cleaning, doing the litter box 2x a day, taking care of Jaiden, making Eric's lunch, vacuuming 2x a day, and all the other stuff I do!! Heaven forbid I dish or 2 piles up in the sink!!!!

Yes I do get quite the work out carrying Jaiden arround
By the end of the day my back is killing me!!