Time Travelers Wife!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did anyone here read the book? It is FINALLY coming out as a movie! With Eric Bana (yum) and Rachel Mcadams (who I think is perfect for this part). I am sooooo excited! I am not sure when it is being released but sometime this year. Woopee!!

Here is the link to the trailer!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
August 14, 2009 is the release date for Canada and the US....one of my best friends gave me this book for Christmas and I enjoyed it tremendously, but had a very different take on it than she did. I am very interested to see how the movie plays things out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read it so long ago I am sure I won't be nitpickey over the screenplay. Can't remember details. All I remember is that I really liked the book and thought it would be interesting to see it developed into a screenplay. I know how some things just don't convert to screen very well and therefore need to be changed or rearranged. I do however remember enough to be quite happy with who they choose for the lead roles. Very happy!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you like time travel? It is also a love story. It's kinda strange because the husband can time travel and can meet his wife when she is a young child. It's not gross though. You have a few months before the movie releases in theatres to read it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trying to remember what story this reminded me of. I could remember the author's first name was Robert, had worked as a janitor, and the story but not his full name or the story's title.
After much searching I found it, Robert F. Young - The Dandelion Girl. If people like this theme they may like this story as well as Richard Matheson's Bid Time Return.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the referrals! I love finding out about new books!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I LOVED this book! Couldn't put it down! I excited to see the movie.
I am excited too!

btw: Your cats are BEAUTIFUL! Including little Milo

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend and I went to see a movie on Saturday and there was a poster for TTW outside of our theatre. I was so excited to finally see that the movie was coming out (it's been made for a while, but they postponed the release significantly. I got excited again when I left the theatre!

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I adore Rachel McAdams. After seeing the trailer, I am going to have to read the book to prepare for the movie!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like Rachel Mc Adams also.
I find her very natural.

I actually don't want to read the book before the movie. I cannot remember specifics about the book and just want to enjoy the movie on its own merits. But I will reread it AFTER to than see what they changed and if they CAPTURED the book well.