Boss Hurt his paw

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His left front leg he is not using that much this morning. He was kenneled over night and has a habbit of climbing the kennel so I think he hurt it there.
No broken bones maby a facture but cats are not hurt that easily. Called my old boss he said just watch him for a day or two. sounds like he pulled a mussel or something.
If it does not get better within a few day bring him in for ex rays. I know there are no broken bones.

Should I wait I worked for a vets office before so my boss would do it for next to nothing sense boss is not a insurence yet. But she wants me to wait not really sure what to do. I think he sprained it also. He should be fine but hubby having a nervous breakdown.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cjh27

Hi,

has he been vaccinated recently? It could also be a case of limping kitten syndrome due to the flue shot.

http://www.fabcats.org/owners/cat_fl..._syndrome.html

regards,

Christine
Signs of lameness were reported to develop typically six to seven days after vaccination in these cats.
Wonderful he got it 6 days ago today last tuesday.
I will call my vet she will have a look at him today.

Would all the kitten be reacting to it in the same way. The other three are healthy. And seem completly fine.
and should he get his next set? Or is this enough?

Most cats affected with this syndrome will spontaneously recover without the need for any treatment. However, if clinical signs are severe, anti-inflammatory medication may be required and veterinary attention should be sought. Although FCV is obviously a common cause of limping syndrome' in young cats, there are numerous other potential causes of lameness, and if clinical signs are severe, or persist for longer than a few days, veterinary attention should always be sought.

Interestingly, we have recently heard of a few cats that appear to have developed signs of lameness very similar to the 'limping syndrome' after receiving only feline leukaemia vi r us vaccination. If anyone has encountered this with their own cats we would be very interested to hear about it.

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

the limping kitten syndrome is one possibility, maybe he really did just sprain his leg. If it is due to the calcivirus vaccination I don't think your vet can do much (as its a virus), the little guy will have to fight it off by him self and most kittens do so within a few days
Watch out for mouth ulceration and keep a close eye on your kitty- if these occur your vet should be able to help ease the symtoms for your little guy.

I'm no expert on limping kittens, though- you'd have to discuss the further vaccination of your Boss with your vet.

Oh- and don't forget to ask your vet to report this to the vaccine's manufacturer, as they can only react to problems with their vaccine if they are reported

regards,

Christine

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cjh27

Hi,

the limping kitten syndrome is one possibility, maybe he really did just sprain his leg. If it is due to the calcivirus vaccination I don't think your vet can do much (as its a virus), the little guy will have to fight it off by him self and most kittens do so within a few days
Watch out for mouth ulceration and keep a close eye on your kitty- if these occur your vet should be able to help ease the symtoms for your little guy.

I'm no expert on limping kittens, though- you'd have to discuss the further vaccination of your Boss with your vet.

Oh- and don't forget to ask your vet to report this to the vaccine's manufacturer, as they can only react to problems with their vaccine if they are reported

regards,

Christine
I will call the shelter today they are foster through the shelter but I am keeping boss one of the kittens out of the litter. They will have to report this them sleves. I may just get the vial and the number and call myself.

I will check him for mouth olsure today and watch to see if he comes aorund at all tomorrow.
The shelter gave the vac not a vet

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well boss is back how can he go from seeming like he is in so much pain to normal over night he was on kennel rest and still is as far as I am conserned. The vet gave metacam for pain. for only three days and I forgot to give it to him last night so its not the pain killers working.
Well I am not going to give him meds he does not need.

But he is back to climbing on his cage and being little boss.
all the other kittens are still fine.