TheCatSite.com › Forums › Cat Breeds, Breeding and Showing › Showing and Ethical Breeding › Does anyone know if TICA accepts TCA papers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does anyone know if TICA accepts TCA papers

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Hi I just opened my cattery and was wondering if anyone knows if TICA accepts TCA papers. I Breed Himalayans (Doll face only) and Clasic Siamese.
post #2 of 18
I would contact TICA - have you even checked to see if your "breed" is even registerable or if you can even show in TICA. I do know that in CFA and ACFA your cats would not be eligible to be registered or shown as purebred cats.

Your "classic Siamese" would probably be considered as Thai cats if they can be registered. Your Himalayans would not be eligible for championship showing at all as they would not meet the standard.

I looked up TCA. While they have a fancy website and so called "shows" - they really are not a legit association that holds real shows like CFA, TICA, or ACFA. And because of that, the cats probably would not be eligible to be registered in any of the above associations.
post #3 of 18
Thai siamese are on TICAS site.
I would call TICA like GK suggested.
I never heard of TCA and just lookied at their site.
Here is TICAS site.
http://tica.org/public/breeds/th/intro.php
post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
Well thanks for the info. My male Himalayan is also Reg with the CFA, my brother-in-law paid $800 for him. He is a doll face. So as I said thanks for the info. But I beleave I will find another forum to join where my himies are not shuned.
post #5 of 18
I'm sorry if you think we are shunning your cats. We are NOT. You asked if TICA would accept them and could be registered. I told you probably not. Your Himmie may be CFA registered (you never mentioned that). If you have CFA papers on him, then yes, he could be registered in TICA.

However, your cat would not win in championship classes against the more extreme Persians. He would be considered pet quality. Doesn't matter how much his price tag was - you either have a pet or a show quality cat.

As an ex-breeder of Cornish Rex and Russian Blue cats, I feel that you should be breeding to the written standard if you are gonna be breeding and showing cats - otherwise all you are doing is breeding pet quality cats and making money on them.
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
I do know that in CFA and ACFA your cats would not be eligible to be registered or shown as purebred cats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
I looked up TCA. While they have a fancy website and so called "shows" - they really are not a legit association that holds real shows like CFA, TICA, or ACFA. And because of that, the cats probably would not be eligible to be registered in any of the above associations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
However, your cat would not win in championship classes against the more extreme Persians. He would be considered pet quality. Doesn't matter how much his price tag was - you either have a pet or a show quality cat.

As an ex-breeder of Cornish Rex and Russian Blue cats, I feel that you should be breeding to the written standard if you are gonna be breeding and showing cats - otherwise all you are doing is breeding pet quality cats and making money on them.
I never said that they were show quality but FYI, Whiskey won 4 ribbons, in his breed, before my sister gave him to me, after her house burnt down. His CFA papers were lost in the fire. The CFA won't even issue a new set, even with his Id #. As for the TCA, our family lawer checked them out and they are legit.

As for breeding pet quailty and whether or not they should be bred is Your Opinion. I mke no money off of my cats. All money goes back in to the cats. I live on 30 aches and also breed poms and German shepherds (both akc) and IMO the CFA and the AKC are stuck up. And as for the peak faced, I will not breed them due to having to watch my son cry for two weeks after putting on down due to breathing and lung problems, which 4 vets said was caused by the over breeding to acheive the flat faced look.
post #7 of 18
Talking about the classic siamese. I believe in Great Britain there is a group breeding classic siameses. They belong to the ordinary siamese-organisation (in Fife?) and participate in their shows.
The classic of course dont win any titles as they are not typical for the modern siamese of today, but as long they get accepted - it is fine for them.

The kittens they got suitable for their breeding they use for breeding. The others - why, they have their siamese certificates and are sold as certified siameses (for pets I presume).
post #8 of 18
Pet quality cats should not be used in any breeding program. I don't know why CFA will not send replacement papers if you have the registration number. I never had a problem with anything regarding legit CFA registraions.

The classic Siamese MIGHT be registrable in TICA, you have to contact them. But I doubt that they would accept a TCA registration.

Would you please direct me to ANY shows that were held by TCA with a list of judges? Unless you can prove to me they are more then a paper registry, I will stand by my statements about them.

BTW regarding what you call "peke-faced" Persians - there are none. They are Persians bred to the written standard in ALL 3 associations - CFA, TICA, and ACFA - they all have the same standard. You call them stuck up because you don't like how they look and so you feel you need to breed whatever cats you want regardless of what reputable breeders breed.

And I know a lot of Persian breeds who do NOT have problems with their cats like you claim - they all are reputable and breed to the written standard.
post #9 of 18
I agree there are a lot of snobs in CFA.
They have even got rude on the phone before
I just ignore people like that.
I have met a lot of nice people also in CFA.
I do not know anything about TCA.
I looked at the website but there is not a lot of info on it.
Do they have shows lik TICA and CFA?
I see they are in Washington State.
I was looking at TCA sphynx standards.
I will be showing in TICA in October for the first time.
Everyone tells me TICA is nicer to show in then CFA.
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Pet quality cats should not be used in any breeding program. I don't know why CFA will not send replacement papers if you have the registration number. I never had a problem with anything regarding legit CFA registraions.

The classic Siamese MIGHT be registrable in TICA, you have to contact them. But I doubt that they would accept a TCA registration.

Would you please direct me to ANY shows that were held by TCA with a list of judges? Unless you can prove to me they are more then a paper registry, I will stand by my statements about them.

BTW regarding what you call "peke-faced" Persians - there are none. They are Persians bred to the written standard in ALL 3 associations - CFA, TICA, and ACFA - they all have the same standard. You call them stuck up because you don't like how they look and so you feel you need to breed whatever cats you want regardless of what reputable breeders breed.

And I know a lot of Persian breeds who do NOT have problems with their cats like you claim - they all are reputable and breed to the written standard.
First the CFA refused to replace the papers because I wasn't the owner that they had listed and when my sister called they said that unless she could send a bill of sale where she brought him that they were not responsible to replace the papers. And find your own list of judges and show locations.
BTW "peke-faced" is the standard (flat faced).

I call the people stuck up because of how they act. NOT HOW THEY LOOK!!!!

As for what "I claim" on the Health issues, I don't claim it I'm just telling you what the 4 diffrent vets we took Sadie to said.

So unless your an Attorney or a Vet, please keep YO to your self on my cats like I said before your shunning my babies. I'm not going to keep tit for tat with you.

My kitten waiting list has 22 people on it, so there must be something good about my kittens.

mews2much, I've heard the same thing about the TCA, but I havent entered any shows yet.

StefanZ, My cats are all sold as pets not for show although I've been breeding for about 2 years, the only show kittens I ever sold were Sadies but she died 6mts after their birth. We just officaly got our cattery name and got up and running.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ360 View Post
please keep YO to your self on my cats like I said before your shunning my babies..
Why post asking for responses then get mad when you get them? At least cat people are trying to help.
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococat View Post
Why post asking for responses then get mad when you get them? At least cat people are trying to help.
I'm not mad at the responses. Yes I asked a question. Didn't expect a know-it-all to act like my cats are worthless. I'm a cat person too.... Have had cats for 31 years. my husband has had cats for 41 years. Yes some are tring to help, but as for the other I have a right to defend my cats!
post #13 of 18
TCA has been used as a way to "backdoor" cats into other registration associations, so many breeders are very skeptical of pedigrees coming from TCA.

Your sister needs to get in touch with the original breeder of Whiskey so that a statement of sale can be issued. If the cat were registered in her name after purchase, it wouldn't be so complicated. Lately, I've started registering cats for my kitten buyers just to be certain that the information is recorded on file.

You can still show Whiskey without having the physical registration papers; he just won't be under your name. If he has 4 ribbons (I assume the winners ribbons) he only needs 2 more to be a Champion.
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisCat View Post
Your sister needs to get in touch with the original breeder of Whiskey so that a statement of sale can be issued. If the cat were registered in her name after purchase, it wouldn't be so complicated. Lately, I've started registering cats for my kitten buyers just to be certain that the information is recorded on file.

You can still show Whiskey without having the physical registration papers; he just won't be under your name. If he has 4 ribbons (I assume the winners ribbons) he only needs 2 more to be a Champion.
Thank you, FerrisCat, I'll see if she can get in touch with his breeder, it's been 5 years. And thanks for the info on the shows. And yeah they were winner ribbons, (also lost in the fire).
post #15 of 18
You don't need to have kept the ribbons in order to claim a title. You can use CFA's Herman online to verify the winner's ribbons. Just enter the registration number.
post #16 of 18
Do not worry about Winners Ribbons.
My Cleo did not even get to keep her Winners Ribbons last month because they made us give them back.
I did keep the first one though anyway.
Sorry she lost everything in the fire.
Mayb she can find the breeder.
You never know.

post #17 of 18
Hi there,

Breeding kittens has a lot more then having people on a waiting list. I for one don't keep a waiting list as that's not the reason I breed cats.

I'm also a judge and a breeder and exhibitor of Persian cats (show quality) and get sick and tired of the breathing problem excuse for people breeding pet quality kittens. Here in NZ we have trouble selling our pet quality kittens because people don't want Persians with a nose - the nice short nosed, open faced kittens are always the first to go.

Was the first kitten you got from a good breeder with a good reputation? With GC and DM lines? Did you do extensive study on the pedigree and ask to see cats in the bloodlines? Cats with breathing issues don't happen over night, they are born with them and as long as people don't purchase kittens with breathing problems, the sooner they will stop being bred.

FWIW, a kitten I put Best in show on the weekend was absolutely gorgeous. a 5 month old Bluecream Persian that met the standard just perfectly - big open eyes, big nostrils etc etc and guess what - no breathing problems!

No one is shunning your cats here, we all love cats. But in your first post you did make a bold statement by saying you breed Persians (doll face only) - anyone who calls their cats by a made up name like doll face hasn't entirely done their research and needs to do a little bit more before they start breeding. Heck I might start breeding Sphynx with fur and calling them well Sphynx (furred only).
post #18 of 18
I've been showing cats for over 25 yrs and am pretty knowledgable about the breeds, associations, etc. I'm very willing to go out of my way to help people and explain showing.

I'm sorry, but YOUR attitude with this has much to be desired. I was polite with you regarding TCA shows. I wanted to know where these shows are held and who judges them. If there really was a legit show, you would have been glad to point it out and give me the information.

Again, good breeders will breed to the written standard and health test their breeding cats. They don't purposely breed outside the standard.

My last question to you - if TICA does not accept your cats to be registered, what are your next plans???? To continue breeding pet quality cats that can't be registered?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Cat Breeds, Breeding and Showing › Showing and Ethical Breeding › Does anyone know if TICA accepts TCA papers