Kennel Training Kittens

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok Back story
so Echo had her kitten 6 weeks ago. They are all fosters through the shelter well except Boss one of the kittens. We are kepping him. So the shelter asked me to start somewhat Kennel training them. They will be in cages during the day. And free home in the directors office at night. The only reason I cant bring them home is that there is another mother that just had kitten waiting for my kitten room to clear of these guys.

I also want to kennel train boss cause when me and hubby are at work no one is here. And I dont want him to be able to get hurt or eat anything while he is teething.

There kennels will all have food water litter box bed toys wet food.
But my question is we did it last night and they moewed half the night.
Will this stop? And like puppys do I ingore them when there doing this?

Any other advice would be apprciated

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it will stop, yes, ignore them.
I have always kenneled my fosters until they are around 7-8 weeks old, after that, confined to one kitten proof room should be safe enough for Boss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Yes, it will stop, yes, ignore them.
I have always kenneled my fosters until they are around 7-8 weeks old, after that, confined to one kitten proof room should be safe enough for Boss.
That why I have to kennel train him also because my only kitten proof room is the kitten room and there are new fosters coming in right behind the old ones.

He will only be in there for four hours a day I leave for work at 1 and huby gets home about 5:30 so 4 1/2 hours.

Boss will be downstairs in the living room. During the day cause of course I cant leave him with the new mom and kittens. I live in a one bedroom apartment. With 2 storys the kitten room is my master bedroom. Which is up stairs. My office and living room are down and kitchen. If he could not climb he could free rome down stairs there are barriers I have a rabbit also.

Its not as cramped as it sound thow. Cause my dog kennel and my rabbit cage sit under my stairs. Then bosses litter box will be when he get old enough at the top of the stairs. Then my foster room is my bedroom. No pets aloud in the kitchen execpt the kittten for now because phoenix like kitten food so I have my barrier up for that also.

Sorry got side tracked but needless to say he will have to be kennels for two months while the new mom is here once she leave kitten season should be over. Then I normally take one kitten here or there tell there at weight.
But only one week quarriteen then they can play with boss.