Kitten update: the pictorial version

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, the mandated before pics: (unfortunately, I cannot tell who is who)

The day I got them, shy of 6wks old

Getting bigger at 8 wks old

Kitchi

Pax

Both:

and now and 13wks old.....

They are doing great. They have grown quite well.... I'll know for sure when I take them in on Tues. for their boosters.

Their lil attitudes are developed... Kitchi is the one that comes right up to you and hops on your lap. Pax tends to come sit beside you and wait for attention oh so patiently. Kitchi is quite vocal if you don't give him attention. I'll go into their room to feed the dragons, and ignore them...when I'm standing by the dragons Kitchi will go up on the bed and meow abundantly, even try to reach out and grab my leg... It's sooo cute.

Last week, Pax got a boo boo on his ear. I'm not sure if it was from Kitchi or Kizzy though. He's fine, and honestly (bad meowmy) didn't notice it right away. I just happened to be sitting on the bed, and noticed a couple stains on the wall. Upon thorough investigation, Pax had a scab on the tip of his ear. It is healing well though, and never bothered him. I'm going to guess it was Kizzy who did it tho. He plays kinda rough sometimes (he was the only kitten so no siblings to teach him....).

I know I know, ya'll just wanna see the pics eh. Patience is a virtue.

They both enjoy being brushed.....although they don't like a bath. Funny, I bathed Pax first, since he is the calm one. Wow, he beat me up LOL. He ended up jumping, and full force pulled/pushed my thumb in the wrong way... owwww. Couple scratches too.

They will eat just about anything.... The dry food stays the same, but I've been pushing different types of wet food. They will even eat raw, which makes me happy. Not only for their health, but for me too... think bout it, when we do have a whole chicken or a turkey, we don't usually eat the wings (pain for me to "demeat") and sometimes turkey will come with neck/innards. They haven't tried much yet, just a chicken wing and mouse. Today we'll try a little ground beef.

Ok, enough talking, on with the 13wk old pics:

Pax:

Kitchi:

Both:

Thanks for looking

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady
OMG
I love this picture!!

Kitchi is quite vocal if you don't give him attention. I'll go into their room to feed the dragons, and ignore them...when I'm standing by the dragons Kitchi will go up on the bed and meow abundantly, even try to reach out and grab my leg... It's sooo cute.
This is where I
Muddy does this, and has perfected his move to stand on his hind legs and scream at me until I pick him up. It started out with a leg grab. It progressed to standing on his hind legs and meowling. It sometimes gets as far as him leaping up into the air expecting me to catch him. I had to drop my sandwich one day when he did this to me. I couldn't let him fall after all!! Muddy is sitting in my lap right now mashing his face into mine right now.

You are in deep doodoo. It's a DLH black cat phenomena.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

This is where I
Muddy does this, and has perfected his move to stand on his hind legs and scream at me until I pick him up. It started out with a leg grab. It progressed to standing on his hind legs and meowling. It sometimes gets as far as him leaping up into the air expecting me to catch him. I had to drop my sandwich one day when he did this to me. I couldn't let him fall after all!! Muddy is sitting in my lap right now mashing his face into mine right now.

You are in deep doodoo. It's a DLH black cat phenomena.
Yup, I expect Kitchi will be like Muddy for sure.....

I'm
hoping DH lets me keep them both, cuz I don't know who I could part with, and Kizzy so enjoys the interaction.... if he doesn't have play time with the babies, he'll sit outside their door and play underneath it, and meow at me constantly LOL.

DH doesn't notice them right now, because they are kept in a room till their shots are done and they are a little older.... (couple more weeks). I've started letting them out tho, i close all the doors upstairs and open their door... They will come halfway down the stairs, then Brandy moves
and they scurry back up LOL.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwww, so much cute fluff!!!
I think Pax's tail might be flufflier than Kitchi's tail. They are both awfully cute anyway.
I hope your husband gives in and lets them stay.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both so adorable, but growing up much too quickly. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that your hubby lets them both stay. Thanks for the update. I was getting impatient!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are both SO adorable!!! I don't know how your hubby could possibly say no to them, but I am probably a little biased.
They are definitely starting to develop into their own unique looks too. Of course, if they are wrestling or a black blur you'd have no chance of telling them apart.
But their faces are starting to look different from one another.

But OMG I cannot believe how much Pax looks like my Trent!!!!
Even Earl turned around when I was looking at this picture and said, "Doesn't that look familiar!"

Pax:

Trent:

Trent was 9 weeks in that picture.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! How adorable
!!!!! They still look so much alike! DO they know their names? I would be so confused........Actually I am sure you can tell them apart, or can u
?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg they are soo precious and adorable!!!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Chris - they are just adorable.... completely unbelievably adorable.... You've got to keep them both!!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

But OMG I cannot believe how much Pax looks like my Trent!!!!
Even Earl turned around when I was looking at this picture and said, "Doesn't that look familiar!"

Pax:

Trent:

Trent was 9 weeks in that picture.
WOW..... they could be twins LOL.... awww. Do you still have Trent? If so, do you have an older pic of him? I'm curious to what Trent, I mean Pax, will look like all growed up.

Originally Posted by cheylink

OMG! How adorable
!!!!! They still look so much alike! DO they know their names? I would be so confused........Actually I am sure you can tell them apart, or can u
?
Honestly, I have just begun to tell them apart.... Take a good look at the pics, Pax's ears are pointier than Kitchi's. Pax is also slightly slimmer looking than Kitchi (although at the last vet appt he was the heaviest even though he looked smaller).......

Kitchi has no fear ('cept the vaccum)....My hubby was in their room with me last night, and Kitchi's full name is Kitchisox right....cuz he likes sox. Hubby was wearing socks LMAO......Hubby paying attention to me, Kitchi paying attention to hubbys socks, and hairy legs

Hubby was not impressed
(he will never be an animal person, that I can tell you... BUT... he can "tolerate" my pets....like he does my snakes... I've caught him the odd time playing with Kizzy.. Not much, I'll be playing with Da Bird, and Kizzy will hide by DH's desk.... DH will poke his but and make him jump LMAO)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are adorable, they're getting so grown up! I love when they get curious
Of my 2 little ones, I was ferreting around in the cupboard in their room last night making a racket. Sun was a bit scared of the noise, and was in the far corner hiding, Kate was standing on the cat tree next to the cupboard, stretched out with her front legs on my hip, peering around to see what I was doing.

You've done a great job with them

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

WOW..... they could be twins LOL.... awww. Do you still have Trent? If so, do you have an older pic of him? I'm curious to what Trent, I mean Pax, will look like all growed up.
Trent and my Muddy look a lot alike, and Muddy looked like yours and Trent as kittens. Here is Muddy now:

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trent and Muddy and Riley (AlleyGirl's boy) all look very similar, especially as baby boys. Most likely both Pax and Kitchi will look similar to them as adults. It's funny because they all look so different to me, but I probably see the differences more because one of them is my baby boy.

Here's a pretty typical Trent look

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Kitchi or Pax turn out like either Trent or Muddy, they will be stunning adults

I think Pax has Trent's ears (more pointy than Muddys) and Kitchi will look more like Muddy.