Sat. June 20, whatcha doin thread?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning folks

Nothing too exciting planned here today, which is good considering DH kept me up part of the night last night, coughing

DD is going with her bf to our towns little festival, my other DD has a bday party to go to. So I'll be childless for the afternoon which is always nice

Rainy and thunderstorms here....supposed to ease up and stop later today... then it starts getting warmer.

Have a great day folks.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning Chris!

No plans for today (or the weekend for that matter) except to get laundry and general house cleaning done. I suspect that we'll get our summertime company over sometime, as our pool water warmed up from the last few days heat wave here. We always have company that wants to come visit us in the summer......hmmmm......

It was a rough week at work for both DH and I. We need some relax time.

Oh yeah, and summer starts tomorrow!!! Here's our summer kick off song:
http://www.imeem.com/aimlessjoys/mus...-summers-here/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Morning Chris!

No plans for today (or the weekend for that matter) except to get laundry and general house cleaning done. I suspect that we'll get our summertime company over sometime, as our pool water warmed up from the last few days heat wave here. We always have company that wants to come visit us in the summer......hmmmm......

It was a rough week at work for both DH and I. We need some relax time.

Oh yeah, and summer starts tomorrow!!! Here's our summer kick off song:
http://www.imeem.com/aimlessjoys/mus...-summers-here/
same here.... laundry is already started
Luckily for us, we only do it once a week, and have 2-3 loads.

What kind of pool do you have? We have one of those soft ones with the inflatable top ring like this: http://www.mailorderexpress.com/shop/prdpics/135219.jpg It's only 3ft deep or so, but it does the job... the 4 of us can go in it.... you can't swim laps or anything, but it works for cooling off.

We don't have a full fence so we can't go any bigger, plus our lot is only 40' wide.... so with a garden, 2 trees, 2 compost bins and a trampoline, we're pretty full LOL.

But yup, our "company" increases too...meaning kids friends.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!

Storming here as well today, really pouring out right now so I don't think I will be doing anything outside at least for awhile.

Nothing much to do today, all my housework and laundry are caught up so guess it will just be a R&R type of day.

May head over to the video store in a bit to see if I can find something interesting to watch.

The kitties are all napping in my bed they were awake earlier because of the thunder storm so guess they are catching up on their rest now..Lazy kitties.

Everyone have a great day

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

What kind of pool do you have?
This is our pool - very dirty cause we just took the cover off of it from the winter and hadn't cleaned it yet. It came with the house when we bought it - it's not something that we would have ever bought on our own. 4 feet deep and probably 25' across. I can dog paddle laps across it, and its main purpose is to cool us down in the summer.

Also note the smaller pool in the background. This is our dog's pool when they aren't swimming in the lake which is even further back in the picture. The lake water is warm and there is a small beach on one side of it. We have close to 3 acres and even though we have a fence, there isn't a law here that you need one. There are other homes in the neighborhood with pools and no fence at all.

Imagine the pool being crystal blue and me laying on a floatie with a tropical rum drink in hand. That will be me later today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Also note the smaller pool in the background. This is our dog's pool when they aren't swimming in the lake which is even further back in the picture. The lake water is warm and there is a small beach on one side of it.

Imagine the pool being crystal blue and me laying on a floatie with a tropical rum drink in hand. That will be me later today.
Nice!!!!!!! I wish we had the yard space for a larger pool... Your yard is HUGE. That's the only disadvantage of living where we do..... eventually we may move, but we're not talking at least 10yrs +.... But for now, as you said, our pool functions well, cools us off and the kids like it.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Your yard is HUGE.
We downsized from 10 acres to 3 when we moved here. Easier to take care of, and the lake behind the property is a huge advantage as they can never build anything on the back side of it and will always be wooded wetlands. This is my 4th home and it took be 25 years of working and saving money to get here. Your big yard will come.....

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How in the world are you going to accomplish that??? I would think more sitting a comfy chair nearby the pool with an expression of longing enjoying not only your drink but the lovely smell of a shocked pool

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

How in the world are you going to accomplish that??? I would think more sitting a comfy chair nearby the pool with an expression of longing enjoying not only your drink but the lovely smell of a shocked pool
Pool got shocked last week. It's supposed to be about 100 with the heat index today. No shock smell left, and the water is beckoning.......

Edited to add: We just looked at the pool thermometer. The water is a balmy 90 degrees. Gonna jump in once DH finishes mowing the yard (couple of hours from now).

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love that you have a mini pool for the doggies!

Raining here, and I'm being kept busy by Pushy wanting some love.
I have to type one handed.

I might venture out later to the market.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are meeting with the ceremony musicians today at 1pm. Then we are running around town buying things for the wedding. We might go see Josh's grandma in the hospital after that

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning friends!

Nothing too exciting planned here today,
..prettie boring because I have to be in the office today....

And I should to do again garden work!

Tomorrow is the Next round on F-1 from Silverstone!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A quiet day of mostly doing small things around the house... I really need to keep packing but an apparent pinched nerve in my neck is keeping me from doing too much. I wil be heading out later to follow a friend dwon to Wilsonville to return a rental car, and give him a ride back to the shop where his actual car is being worked on...

I'll also pick up the latest scrip for Tylenol with Codeine, to try and relieve the pain... one month until I move to my ideal neighborhood here in Portland... I just need to keep packing my stuff....

it's overcast, muggy, some rain, but we had a NICE storm last night...

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weeded the garden and planted some of my small tomatoes. I've just sprayed the couch with Natures Miracle but it doesnt seem to be working so I might see if I can fix my steamcleaner (which my neighbor broke) and wash it. It's sprinkling on and off and poured yesterday so it's definitely an inside day.