I build my own cat tree

uluagirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Just want to share the cat tree I build with my boyfriend for my beloved fluffy son, Coffee.

russiankitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow what a good job you 2 have done putting that together!! Just goes to show you can make a perfectly good cat tree without spending a lot of cash!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Wow - very nice and very unique. One question tho - how do the cats go in and climb the metal tube part?
I would imagine with much scratching and "Hey WTH?" "Oh, I'm on another level. SWEET!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

uluagirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He can go in the third floor and climb in the tube to the fourth floor or do the opposite around. He likes to play in the tube especially I am at the other end calling his name.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's very creative! Looks like fun!
My only real concern is- could the kitten cut himself on the rim/edge of that metal tube?

raja1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ya its really nice.i too have it one in my home.
i have decorated it with flowers and many leaves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

uluagirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The tunnel is not really made of metal but something like wire covered by thick aluminum foil. It is flexible so we can change shape and readjust the ends of the pipe so that the edges are smooth. For some reasons Coffee has no problems climbing up and down the pipe with enough traction. I bought the tunnel from City Mill. I think it was originally purposed as the air conditioner pipe.

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is awesome!!! I've been thinking about building a cat tree for my kitties as well. Just haven't quite finishes designing it yet.

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its amazing !!!
Congratulations !

I should do one with all the free time I have in the winter... I will use yours as an inspiration !

Here they are terribly expensive, something like that would cost around 250 euros !

sandy2u1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
very good idea. It's so much more interesting than a plain ole scratching post.