Kong Zoom Groom Pet Brush

russiankitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any one ever tried a kong zoom groom? I bought one today and I wasn't to sure about it as it's plastic. My cats arn't really malting yet as they are all still very young but they seemed to love the brush. Especially Symphony who purred and nuzzled around it. I think its good as it bends with the contours of your cats body and the fluff seems to get picked up well in the spikes of the brush. I was wondering if any one else has one or tried one?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I use a Zoom Groom, and find it gets rid of a lot of loose hair, perhaps not as much as the Furminator, but it works quite well in conjunction with a comb.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one that I use about once a week. I don't like to use it too often because it can pull too much fur out. Tomas and Sho love it, though, and would let me brush them bald with it if they had their way.
Tomas always gets excited when he sees it and if I lay it down on the floor he will try to brush himself.

If your kitties love it, that's half the battle. I think it's a great brush for getting cats to enjoying being groomed.
But yes, another brush or comb is needed for regular daily combing and to get the few strays that escape the zoom groom's static.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is the most widely accepted brush in my household. its like a massage! They roll on their backs purring. I also like the amount of fur it gets up, especially on my short hair.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two liked the zoom groom a lot - they enjoyed our daily 'massage' sessions. I've got the furminator now, but the zoom groom is definitely a keeper in our household. Enjoy!

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the Zoom Groom. It's the first thing I use in any grooming session - it gets the loose fur off while relaxing the cat (or dog). You do need to use another brush or a comb afterward to smooth the fur and get the left-behind hairs.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darlili

My two liked the zoom groom a lot - they enjoyed our daily 'massage' sessions. I've got the furminator now, but the zoom groom is definitely a keeper in our household. Enjoy!
I like the zoom groom too cuz it's gentle.

kittylove14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
can't review on my phone so i'm resurrecting this thread. took 7 slicker brushfuls of hair out of adopted cats neglected fur- lots of effort. he keep dandruffing and sheddding like it would never stop. got the kong ran it through couple times without much effort and after catching the fur the kong surfaced into the slicker voila --he is smooth doesn't shed when you pet him and no dandruff. yay! pretty boy now. feels healthy. i think he groomed after--- i'm sure it was MUCH easier!!! that was a lot of hair :/ :)

siamesekitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used it on my long-haired foster cat and it worked really well. She especially liked it when I rolled the brush around in circles. I found it picked up the most hair that way anyway. I am not sure how it would do on short-haired cats... Does anyone have any experience with that?

kittylove14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not sure how it would do on short-haired cats... Does anyone have any experience with that?
my short haired girl i was certain nothing would come out- oh my goodness lots came out! however my other girl who grooms all the kitties and herself all the time- nada. i guess self care really makes a difference :p

siamesekitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my short haired girl i was certain nothing would come out- oh my goodness lots came out! however my other girl who grooms all the kitties and herself all the time- nada. i guess self care really makes a difference :p
Good to know! My kitten hasn't really learned to groom himself yet. He gives himself a few licks here and there, so I credit him for trying.