More spots - Meet Ashia, future queen

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Introducing our new Chocolate Ocicat future queen Ashia. We just got home 15 minutes ago, and she's settling in very well.

Ashia was sired by favourite Cinnamon Oci boy, now de-sexed Gold Double Grand Champion Ozspots True Blue Aussie (also Farley's father
)

Playing with Demetri

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks
I will get lots of pics later.

Chocolate comes in different of shades, Farley, like his mum is a cold choc (dark)
Ashia is like her father and much warmer, but not hot (red) her mum is a Tawny girl from NZ.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All your cats are pretty.
I wonder what color chocolate the Oci I saw was?
It just says chocolate spotted Ocicat.
There were 2 of them at the last cat show.
There are sure a lot more spotted cats in this site now.
There have not been any sphynx in months.
I can not wait to see more pictures of her.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

She has very pretty spots.
I
her perky little tail. I can't wait to see more photos of her! And the other boys and girls!!!
Thankyou
Her tail seems to be stuck in that position

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like Amanda says, chocolates come in various shades. The warmer chocolates are the most common, but they range from a darker/blackish chocolate to a reddish hot chocolate (that can be confused with cinnamon sometimes).

I think the darker ones probably have a tawny parent and the hot chocolates have a cinnamon parent (or grandparent). Charlie is a warm chocolate - most common shade in the chocolates. Jack is a bright cinnamon (last show one judge remarked "now THIS boy is a cinnamon - no mistaken his color!")

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Introducing our new Chocolate Ocicat future queen Ashia. We just got home 15 minutes ago, and she's settling in very well.

Ashia was sired by favourite Cinnamon Oci boy, now de-sexed Gold Double Grand Champion Ozspots True Blue Aussie (also Farley's father
)
Looky! A pic for the fuzzybutts thread!

And it's a cute fuzzybutt.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a cutie. You know, I have been to 4 shows total now and I have yet to see an Ocicat. Have some shows coming up this summer and hope to find one.

newkittymomma09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are beautiful!! I don't think I have ever seen that breed before, and I love it!! What beautiful markings!!!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

And it's a cute fuzzybutt.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Sohni

What a cutie. You know, I have been to 4 shows total now and I have yet to see an Ocicat.
There are not many here either, about 6 people show in all of Aus.

Originally Posted by newkittymomma09

They are beautiful!! I don't think I have ever seen that breed before, and I love it!! What beautiful markings!!!!
Thanks

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I think the darker ones probably have a tawny parent and the hot chocolates have a cinnamon parent (or grandparent).
Maybe

My cold boy comes from cold mum, cinn dad. The cold mum comes from 2xchoc silvers. Then behind that is tawny, black silv and lav.
The cold mum only had 1 litter, 1 warm kitten 1 cold kitten before she had to be petted out.

New warmer girl is from cinn and tawny. The tawny girl has mostly tawny, black silv and choc in her background. All her choc kittens were warmer.

All the other warmer chocs I've seen have mostly choc backgrounds.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a cutie!
All of your cats are gorgeous and I can't wait to see more pics!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I commented at work where I could not see pics...now that I'm home........NICE spotting and type on her. Hope she does well (how old now?)

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
12 weeks, 2 days old
She will have her first show early July, wasn't sure I'd have her for tomorrows show so didn't enter her in that.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's ok, I still think 3 months is too young for the show halls, but guess its because its always been 4 months in the States

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's lovely missy - can't wait for you to announce your first litter...but that wont be for a while yet

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

She's lovely missy - can't wait for you to announce your first litter...but that wont be for a while yet
Thanks

No kittens until next year, Malika will go off for mating Jan/Feb and Ashia in Feb/March. Wait and see how precocious they are, Oci's often call from 5 months.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While its nice if you can hold them off till about a year, that's not the case with Oci girls! You try to hold off as much as you can.

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beautiful addition!!!! She is lovely, and glad she is fitting in. Took a look at your website, congratulations on your hard work

Good luck