Not another kitty litter question!

rustypixel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK, I have the litter box in the garage. I'm using WBCL and I go in there once per day and empty the box of the nasties so odor is not an issue. Whatever is tracked stays in the garage so that's not an issue either. What is an issue is that I have dark cherry hard wood floors and I get very visible dusty paw prints everywhere. That's what's driving me batty. I tried crystal litter for a month and that completely eliminated the dusty prints, but that littler just didn't work well for me. So I'd like to know if there is anything on the market that is clumping and will not have them leaving paw prints. I even moved the box further from the entrance back to the house so they (I have two) could have more of a chance to leave some dust behind. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use wood pellets, no odours and no tracking, plus no dust means no footprints on my wood floors.

It's not clumping but the wet pellets turn to saw dust and using the sifting tray that falls to the bottom and is contained.

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use Dr Elsey's brand because it had the least dust of any I could purchase in my area. What I think helps is a shaggy type rug like those you use in a bathroom. The rug does a good job with the tracking and I don't have footprints.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use Arm and Hammer Expresions, made of ground corn. Doesn't hurt the young ones if they taste it while learning what the box is for, doesn't aggravate my asthma, and clumps well. With 14 cats and 10 litter boxes my house doesn't smell so it must be good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rustypixel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say thanks for recommending Dr. Elsey's. I've switched from WBCL this past Saturday and I have yet to see one darn dusty paw print on the dark wood floors. It's exact;y what I've been looking for!

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Skimble

I use Dr Elsey's brand because it had the least dust of any I could purchase in my area. What I think helps is a shaggy type rug like those you use in a bathroom. The rug does a good job with the tracking and I don't have footprints.

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am also a happy Dr Elsey's customer.....and the shaggy bathroom rugs too. Actually our main litter box is in our bathroom, and the shower rug matches, well, the litter rug
Litterwise we strted with kitten attract and slowly switching to the more affordable Precious Cat

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to mention I had the same problem when we tried WBCL and even Swheat Scoop in our last apartment. The carpeting was a dark blue berber, and there were dusty prints everywhere with those 2 litters. No dust tracking problems at all with scooping clay litters.

We've been using Sam's Club brand (Litter Clean) and Wal-Mart brand (Special Kitty) scooping cat litters. I found that Dr Elsey's got smelly too fast and at the price they charge, I can't afford to change it every 2 weeks.