Are you a pedicure virgin?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new friend, Mary, invited me to go along with her for a 1/2-off pedicure yesterday. We met at the salon and she almost fell off the chair when I told her that I had never gotten one before, which would have been a shame because they had massage chairs which I dubbed the "orgasmic" chairs.

Mary picked out a vibrant color for my nails to match my outfit. It's a good thing that I was not wearing black!

Anyway, I have been pedicure de-flowered.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like my toes, so yup, I'm a pedicure virgin and will prolly stay that way.

Glad you enjoyed it

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am! But I might be inspired to get one now!!! I've never heard of anyone having a bad experience! I've never been able to justify paying for it though!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I don't like my toes, so yup, I'm a pedicure virgin and will prolly stay that way.

Glad you enjoyed it
And I can't stand anyone touching my feet!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my friend and I were in nursing school, we were not allowed to have long fingernails or wear polish. Her husband is Vietnamese (hope I don't sound like I'm stereotyping here) and his family owned a nail salon. When we were out school for the week of July 4th, they treated us to free French manicures and pedicures. It was the first time I'd had it done, and I loved it. We got foot massages and even had flowers painted on our toes. It was a lot of fun, after I got over the initial shock of having someone touch my feet.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am
But I plan on changing that soon! I think I will go get one with some girls as soon as I get some cash!

lynneny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have gotten a few pedicures over the years - not many though. It really does tickle my feet too, and when I'm very tired (most days now!) it tickles A LOT! I just went the other day with my daughter who had gone to a 4 day rock concert and whose feet were disgustingly caked with mud!

BUT... I do have to tell you... please be VERY careful about where you have this done. Make sure they clean out the foot tub with antiseptic after ever single pedicure, and soak their tools in it too. I got a VERY bad fungus at a nail place, under my big toe nail a few years back. It didn't grow out by itself, and after using over the counter stuff, I ended up having to go to a podiatrist. He had to cut the entire toe nail off!!! YOUCHIE!!! And gave me prescription medicine to use daily for several months until the nail starting growing back.

It is fine now thank goodness, but I am VERY careful about where I have this done since then. I don't mean to scare anyone off... just please be watchful and ask questions if you don't see it for yourself!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I get pedicures regularly, it does tickle me though
Me, too ...... oh when they use the scrub on the middle bottom of my feet I cant help but to laugh.

I dont like the massage chairs, though, they always hurt my back. They are hard and rough.

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i've read in the local newspaper a while back that some people got staph infections from manicures & pedicures

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The entire idea of one freaks me out. That & I'd have to sit still. I can hardly sit still enough for a haircut.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had 2. The first time was when DH bought me a "day at the spa" package and I went for a massage, hair styling, pedicure and manicure. The second time was last year after I had surgery on my hand and couldn't take proper care of my feet (try to polish your toe nails with only 1 hand).

But most times, Koko does my pedicures for me. If confused by this, see the Limerick winner thread.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a pedicure ONCE, so I have been deflowered.
I was working two jobs (waitressing and at the Target photolab) and saving to go back to college, this would have been when I was about 20, and my mom got me a pedicure and foot massage treatment for my birthday. It was heaven after I got over someone messing with my feet. They had some kind of mineral soaks and hot foot baths and stuff. My feet felt better for days after. I have never really had money for stuff like that on a regular basis, but I would enjoy it I am sure.

I will put that on my list (sarahp suggested I start one) for things I need to do to be okay and things I want in my future. Regular pedicures and trips to the salon.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! I had my first pedicure for my 22nd birthday. I usually go only about once a year. Twice, maybe, if I can find a special occasion.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love foot pampering but with my cash flow issues, it is only a rare occasion to have a pedicure. And only in the summer when I wear sandals!

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was always self conscious of my feet until I met a pedicurist and become friends with her in my early 20â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s and realized there is nothing wrong with my feet. Since then I go and get a Pedicure every 1-2 months (depending on cash flow and if my boyfriend buys me a gift certificate) in the summer times. I will go maybe once or twice during the winter.

I love Pedicures. I am very impatient, I hate getting my hair done and such but getting a pedicure…. Oh my gosh…. They know me at my Pedicure place which is great because they know I like it very quiet. I will sit there and get my feet massaged, lavished with chocolate, scrubbed, while reading my favorite book. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have to talk to anyone, sometimes ill have a glass of wine. There is no better way to unwind IMO. Its like heaven.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I can't stand anyone touching my feet!!
Ditto.
For some reason, I think feet are just nasty. I don't touch other people's feet and no one touches mine.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I get pedicures regularly, it does tickle me though
Originally Posted by Pami

Me, too ...... oh when they use the scrub on the middle bottom of my feet I cant help but to laugh.

I dont like the massage chairs, though, they always hurt my back. They are hard and rough.
Same for me too! I love them but HATE the massage chairs. I have to contort my back at odd angles as the chair massage balls move up and down. I much prefer it off and just let me read my book!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Same for me too! I love them but HATE the massage chairs. I have to contort my back at odd angles as the chair massage balls move up and down. I much prefer it off and just let me read my book!
I just
that massage chair.

I probably wouldn't have had one except my friend had this coupon. I have sensitive feet and thought that it would freak me out but that chair sure kept my mind off of it
as did my friend.

It is definitely not in my budget to have it done on a regular basis, but you can keep the polish on for 2 weeks (they said) and the summer is not that long.