Introductions - why you never give up - 4 years in the making!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
4 years in the making, 4 years of everything - from stitches, inappropriate urination, cats coming & going (fosters, deaths, adoptions, births)..... anti-anxiety/anti-depressants, feliway, rescue remedy, you name it, we did it.

But we're here. We're all able to co-exist without bodily harm or hair flying (too much hair anyways).

Peace.

This is everyone, on the same floor of the house. (Albiet some are up on the counters "safe", but the ones who hate each other know the other attacker/victim is there).

TigerLily

Eden

Molly (she has chronic herpes, so don't mind the eye - flare up right now)

Dorian Grey a.k.a. Dorky Fish or Dory

Ophelia Rose (Pardon the eyes - she was to the vet today for verification - eye infection
)

Twitch

TigerLily is plain old cat aggressive. Twitch is the dominant one. Ophelia Rose is an aggressive girl - hates other females, will tolerate males. Molly & Margo have about one stick in their bundles, if you get my drift.
Eden is the easy going girl, and Dory is the accepting/laid back male.

There have been long term fosters, short term fosters, cat aggressive fosters, adult foster, kitten fosters. There have been births, there have been deaths. Some I got as adults, Lily was my only (first - last - only) kitten that I kept.

You see so many threads, and I was one of many who posted one about having issues amongst cats. But the reality is that no one wanted my "problem child" Ophelia Rose. I either kept her, killed her, or put her in the shelter to be killed.

Just don't give up. If Ophelia Rose can learn to live with others, if Twitch can learn to live with others - most any kitty can.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww thats so sweet Natalie

Its really amazing how far all of them have come.

Any animal that comes across your path is a such a lucky animal because you never give up

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're an inspiration, Natalie! If your Ophelia Rose can come around to even tolerance within certain parameters, it gives me hope that my Ophelia can too.
And you sure do have a gorgeous clowder of kitties there.
Molly may be one sandwich short of a picnic, but she's cute as a bug in a rug!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I find it funny Heidi - I named my Ophelia after yours.
I knew she was a handful from the start.

Most of them aren't "friends", but I think I can leave them loose together with the door between the two floors of the house open - and not come home to anyone injured.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, it does my heart good to see your babies getting along. And Nat, you have to give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for a job well done. You really are amazing with your babies.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww that's awesome! and they are all beautiful!

For the record, how is ms. ophelia at the vets?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She was OK aside from trying to bite the vet.....and the nasty eyes.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if it's only "peace" they certainly all look pretty happy, and healthy (except for eyes, poor babies). I really admire you for all the rescue that you do. You are a wonderful person, to do what you do for those babies. And look what your patience has done: all those crazy cats in one home, not even killing each other.

You must be some kind of great miracle worker.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

You must be some kind of great miracle worker.
Not miracle worker. Just willing to do whatever it takes. Because the reality is no one else would deal with them - their only shot at living was with me, they were all counting on me.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are an angel for taking in and keeping all of these precious babies. Its good to see that they are tolerating each other. My only question is...where is Margo?

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nat, we definitely need more people like you in this world. They all needed someone like you who is patient and loving and they are very lucky to have found you.

I think I speak for everyone on TCS when I say thanks for for doing everything in your power to help all the cats that have owned you.

P.S. Yay!! A new pic of Eden!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're doing a great job with the kitties no one else wants. And I think you hit the nail right on the head when you said they were all counting on you, you really did pull through for them

I know Eden has balance issues etc, and your others have aggression issues, but why on earth wouldn't someone want adorable, laid-back Dorky Fish? Sorry, I don't quite know his history, could you tell me?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so wonderful that you have reached a level of relative peace!!
I've often told you that after going thru the Hades vs Poseidon war I would gladly take in sick kitties over behaviorally challenged ones anyday. You really are an inspiration! Most folks would have given up a lnog time ago

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG I forgot the pics of Margo.

Dory was born on my farm prior to the kitties being fixed. At 11 months, he didn't even weigh 4 lbs. He was a snotty sickly thing, that latched onto Damita (who was blind). He became her seeing eye cat - and the two I would only adopt as a pair. No one wanted them after 9 months, so they stayed with me until Damita died, and Dory's still here. He's now a fully grown 9 lb kitty, but still a snotty thing.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you shared this great news. I know it is hard and people want to give up, but you are inspiration to those people. Keep up all your good work!!!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so proud to "know" you on this site because of all the beautiful work you do for cats. Any cat that crosses your path is incredibly lucky. . .
I adore all your cats.
I love Molly's moustache markings.