Interactive toys

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can anyone suggest any interactive toys for my Avalon who is only six months old. We have one which is a mouse with a bell and the mouse is on a rope attached to a stick that we hold and we have full control of the mouse and let Avalon chase the mouse. My husband and I both give Avalon a run for her money.

Also do cats tend to lose their toys or hide them? I had bought her a bunch for solo play and most of them are now missing.

My husband really gets into playing with Avalon using these interactive toys and that is one reason I need them so that those two can also bond. She has already bonded with me.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Da Bird!!! It's the best interactive toy ever...even my older cat goes for it. (But not just any feather-fishing-pole toy...it must be Da Bird specifically.)

Both of my cats also love the Cat Dancer. Forest loves the laser light, too, but Tailer could care less.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

Da Bird!!! It's the best interactive toy ever...even my older cat goes for it. (But not just any feather-fishing-pole toy...it must be Da Bird specifically.)

Both of my cats also love the Cat Dancer. Forest loves the laser light, too, but Tailer could care less.
da bird is DA BEST. every cat LOVES it!

mommacat0907

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we have a battery opperated mouse that runs around the floor on wheels.. they go crazy for it.. we bought it at pet smart.. you should try there for other interactive toys they have a bunch.. as for the lost toys.. my cats hit theirs across the floor and the toy goes sliding under the stove or couch or somewhere they cant reach.. use the hose extention on your vacume to get it out from underneath but be careful not to suck it completly up.. they will hide there favorite toys sometimes too..!! their so silly..

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tweetykiss

Also do cats tend to lose their toys or hide them? I had bought her a bunch for solo play and most of them are now missing.
Under the lounge, fridge and washing machine are where my cats toys end up.

Mine love the laser pointer and any type of feather wand.

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely anything with feathers. Da Bird is really fun for cats, but be a little careful---my first kitty used to hurt his mouth on some of the sharper feather shafts when he was a kitten---so, I'd recommend starting out with softer feathers for kittens---like a feather boa wand toy (like this).