That would be my luck....

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this may sound strange, but I was counting on a layoff from my company for a week. Now they are talking about working that week. I will not be happy. I've got my comprehensive exams in mid July & I was counting on having a whole week to study. I no longer have enough PTO because they've been forcing us to take it on Fridays. This just stinks. If I have to work that week I have no idea how I will prepare for my exam. I hate to put it off until November because then I will not be able to get a differnt job until December. This is so frustrating. I guess I just have to hope that our corporate office tells us we can not work that week!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I guess I just have to hope that our corporate office tells us we can not work that week!
Keep hoping

You sound like you have my luck LOL.

I really hope it works out for you, and you are able to find the time to prepare for your exams no matter what happens with work.

Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is just frustrating. I feel like I've been backed into this corner by being forced to use all my PTO, and now that I need time off I have no option, but to take some time unpaid. I guess I'm just going to hope that we are still laid off that week & if we don't I'll have to do some serious calculations to figure out how many hours I'll have to take to make the same amount as I would get on unemployment. This is just another one of those moments that I think, why can't I have it easy just once.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

why can't I have it easy just once.
If life were easy, I think it would be quite boring...don't you?

It's true, the saying "what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger"... very very true.

Think positively....it is really out of your control whether work is laid off or not... maybe try to think of some solutions to your problem rather than focusing on the negative might help