I need to visit Rome

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went and saw Angels and Demons this past evening and I really liked it but that isn't the point. Being a future historian I need to go to Rome for about a month and see everything. Watching the film makes me want to go see all of the famous Roman ruins as well as all of the historical church buildings, fountains, and other places of interest. I can't imagine how many pictures I'd end up with.

That's my goal before I croak.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I went and saw Angels and Demons this past evening and I really liked it but that isn't the point. Being a future historian I need to go to Rome for about a month and see everything. Watching the film makes me want to go see all of the famous Roman ruins as well as all of the historical church buildings, fountains, and other places of interest. I can't imagine how many pictures I'd end up with.

That's my goal before I croak.
Was it better than the Davinci Code?

I thought the book was better than the Davinci code as well.

I would love to visit Rome - I love that kind of history so let me know when you go and I will stow away in your bag!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I would love to visit Rome - I love that kind of history so let me know when you go and I will stow away in your bag!
I don't know, I haven't see The Da Vinci Code. I've never read any of Dan Brown's books, either.

You could be waiting a while to stow away. Right now it's just a dream trip.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spent a day or two in Rome in college. The history there is, indeed, amazing. The combination of Roman and Catholic history is very...well, let's say "jarring" at times.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rome is also one of the places I'd like to visit before I "croak"
actually I'd really like to tour Europe for a couple years, you can't find that kind of history in the US

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been to Rome and I recently saw Angels and Demons. It's hard to believe that it wasn't actually filmed inside the churches and St. Peters. Those scenes looked so real! But of course the Pope would never approve of making a movie inside the Vatican. See the Wiki entry for how they filmed it. Interesting! Good movie too!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd love to re-visit Rome. I went there once for three days- which, of course, was only long enough to scratch the surface. So much ancient history and beautiful art. And yummy gelato!
Best of lucking getting there!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I thought the book was MUCH better than the davinci code book but the movie Angels and Demons was very far from the book and I didn't like it. So much of the book was taken out while in the davinci code, the movie stayed very close to the book's plot.
I didn't like it because it took away a lot of the illuminati mysticism and that cool suspense feeling like they might be real until the very end lol..I felt like the movie was ALL about just finding the preferiti. Kohler was not even there. The Swiss research center was not even shown through the eyes of Langdon, neither was the super cool plane that takes you overseas in 3 hours. Langdon never goes there in the movie. You don't get to see Vittoria go to the Vatican in shorts and get criticized for it

This was the first movie that I ever fell asleep during (only for a 10 minute nap) but I went to see it when I was jet lagged so I couldn't help myself lol. It was boring too though.

Of course I too want to go to Rome, but for the most part I find reading about places so much more exciting than visiting them...I travel a lot tho so I'm really sick of airplanes almost to the point of willing to give up traveling for good if its longer than 2-3 hours.