Kitty Massage

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last night my back was killing me. I was laying in bed on my tummy and Flower jumped up and started needing on me in the exact spot that hurt! After she was done she Just laid on my and purred. Then she came up and meowed like "better mommy?"
It was like she knew I was in pain and did what she could to fix it. Any one have a similar experience?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish!! Oh that would be great if I could get a back massage nightly

When they "make biscuits" I always refer to that as a massage and thank them for it afterwards.

I have heard of cats sensing injury and laying on the injured area and purring to comfort. I do think they are intuitive little felines.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would need all 3 of my cats to do that to take away my aches and pains!
Thats was pretty awesome....did you give treats? postive reinforcement would maybe get you a repeat performance?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
A couple of years ago, I had a knot in my shoulder. I would get massages and they never helped. One, day while I laying down on my stomach, Carly got on my back and stood on the spot. She didn't do any kneading, just stood there applying pressure. Then she laid down along my spine and purred for a good 10 minutes. After that, all of my pain was gone.

Now if I could only get her to give me another back massage....

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Fluffy was just a little thing, she hated for me to give DH massages. She would come up, push my hands away, and do it herself. It was cute until she jumped into a spot that was covered in massage oil and lost her footing. She slid down his side, digging in her claws trying not fall off the table. She stayed off the massage table after that, but will sometimes still push my hands away if we are just sitting somewhere and I rub his back. He is HER person and she loves to remind me of that.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At work we get a few kitties that reach out of their cages during the day ("pet me, pet me, pet me"), and occasionally one will do it so insistently that if you put your back to the cage it turns out to be an excellent back massage,
. Of course, they always get lots of loving for a "tip".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

When Fluffy was just a little thing, she hated for me to give DH massages. She would come up, push my hands away, and do it herself. It was cute until she jumped into a spot that was covered in massage oil and lost her footing. She slid down his side, digging in her claws trying not fall off the table. She stayed off the massage table after that, but will sometimes still push my hands away if we are just sitting somewhere and I rub his back. He is HER person and she loves to remind me of that.
Flower is very protective of me as well. I don't know this is going to sound crazy, but its almost like her and I can hear each others thoughts.
Crazy I know, but it just seams that way.