My daughter borrowing the neighbors kitten

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! Well -- maybe your daughter is trying to tell you to get her a kitten (hint, hint!)

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Awwww! Well -- maybe your daughter is trying to tell you to get her a kitten (hint, hint!)
I agree! She needs a kitten and I just so happen to have 4 I can send them your way when they are older

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's adorable! Reminds me of me when I was little, I was always packing around a cat. The neighbor lady's cat was always good for a litter of kittens on a regular basis. She helped feed my cat addiction...I socialized her kittens!

When I was a kid, the first thing I wanted to know when we went to visit someone, did they have cats. Didn't care if they had any kids my age....I just wanted to see cats!

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe your daughter senses something; that she and this kitten were destined to be together. A bond she can only communicate through loving the sweet little thing.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keycube

Maybe your daughter senses something; that she and this kitten were destined to be together. A bond she can only communicate through loving the sweet little thing.
Hm. I gotta agree here. It seems that your daughter and this adorable black kitty were meant to be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keycube

Originally Posted by myfamiliars

Hm. I gotta agree here. It seems that your daughter and this adorable black kitty were meant to be.
I think she wants to care for this baby, because the neighbors don't seem to be looking after it . I have never seen them play with it or even pet it. I am starting to get concerned about this little one. I noticed today it has ear mites. it is also very thin. I think my daughter has sensed this little needs her

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I think she wants to care for this baby, because the neighbors don't seem to be looking after it . I have never seen them play with it or even pet it. I am starting to get concerned about this little one. I noticed today it has ear mites. it is also very thin. I think my daughter has sensed this little needs her
Your daughter has a big heart, and this kitten deserves to be with her. I can only imagine how hard of a challenge you have to balance the two, not piss the neighbors off at the same time not let it break your daughters heart
DO you have a relationship with your neighbors? Can you talk to them about your concerns for the kitten? Maybe offer to help?

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Your daughter has a big heart, and this kitten deserves to be with her. I can only imagine how hard of a challenge you have to balance the two, not piss the neighbors off at the same time not let it break your daughters heart
DO you have a relationship with your neighbors? Can you talk to them about your concerns for the kitten? Maybe offer to help?
I agree with this. This is the more reasonable answer. My instinct is to grab the baby and run.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope you can find a solution that works well for everyone.

That kitten is adorable, and your daughter looks like a real sweetheart.
She also really reminds me of me as a child. I did the same sort of things.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't know the neighbours . The biggest problem is cats and dogs are well cared for where I live. Most cats like this little girl live outside , not spayed , not shots. They never see a vet. They are expected to be mousers. One disappears they just get another one. This is why I ended up with the 3 cats I have. It breaks my heart

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I don't know the neighbours . The biggest problem is cats and dogs are well cared for where I live. Most cats like this little girl live outside , not spayed , not shots. They never see a vet. They are expected to be mousers. One disappears they just get another one. This is why I ended up with the 3 cats I have. It breaks my heart
That's really, really sad. So, if you do take in the cat, then the neighbors won't even notice, right? I know, that's probably not the best answer, but I am smitten with this little one--just like your daughter.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's really, really sad. So, if you do take in the cat, then the neighbors won't even notice, right? I know, that's probably not the best answer, but I am smitten with this little one--just like your daughter.
Hehehe thats how I got Kahlua. I stole her from our neighbors.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They will just get another kitten. They had one last fall. I guess it didn't make it through the winter.

Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Hehehe thats how I got Kahlua. I stole her from our neighbors.
This little girl is the sweetest. If I didn't already have three. She would be hiding out in my house.
When I snuggle her she softly puts her paws on my face and kisses my chin.
Dh has been feeding her. We will continue to care for her. This is how I ended up with Mama (semi-feral) and her son Gus.