Every feel like you just want to go home?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what has been going on with me lately, but it seems like more afternoons than not all I can think is, "I just want to go home." I don't know if it is because I've been working full time & doing my intership and I'm gone 12 - 14 hours a day all week long, or if it is something else. I just can't help but think about going home and being comfortable. I wish I at least knew what was making me feel this way.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you need a vacation! I think everyone feels that way when they've got and way too much going on, it's stressful!
Lots of that you feel better and can find even a little time to relax!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I have been feeling so tired lately - not sure if its my new medication or what not. I ended up sleeping an extra four hours throughout yesterday, and was still tired when I got up, and going to work today was a real effort. Even now, all I really want to do is go home and sleep, even though I'm probably going to be here at work until 8 or 9 tonight (its only 3 now!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Yes! I have been feeling so tired lately - not sure if its my new medication or what not. I ended up sleeping an extra four hours throughout yesterday, and was still tired when I got up, and going to work today was a real effort. Even now, all I really want to do is go home and sleep, even though I'm probably going to be here at work until 8 or 9 tonight (its only 3 now!)
Yep, almost 3:30 here I have to work until 5PM, then I have class until 8 - 9 tonight. & I too took a nap yesterday. Maybe it is stress, but all I can think about is laying on the couch or in bed cuddling with my 4 babies. If there was a job where all you had to do was cuddle & sleep with your kitties I'd be a millionaire. To me there is nothing as heavenly as a nap with my furbabies!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I have spells like this every now and then. I find it's usually when I'm putting in a ton of extra time for a project or an event. You start feeling like you've not been home in ages and would really like to just go home and curl up.

For me, this is a sign that I need to take a few days off and just do something for me. Garden for hours on end, play a video game I can get sucked into, just something mindless to let my brain shut down for a bit. I also found taking vitamins during these periods helps. Here's hoping you have the chance to take a break for yourself soon.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyday! We all need some down time, and being gone from home 12 to 14 hours per day, every day, is a lot. Plus when you are home, you have other things to do too, so it's like you don't have any time to do "just nothing."

I get 6 days off once a month because of my work schedule. By the time that 6 days comes around I'm feeling so burned out that I sleep 3 of those 6 days away. So I second a vacation for you, even if it's just a 3 or 4 day long weekend just to give you some time to rest and recoup.