Flea Stuff FYI

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats, all inside only. As I said before we can drag fleas in with us from outside. SO I use a treatment May thru October. Flea season here were I live. I know some feel Califorina has a 12 month flea season. But I don't find that true here in my neighborhood. So I could not afford the advantage I normal buy. Bought Sergents "Gold" squeeze on, it burned the cats skin. Okay so we tossed that in the trash. So I got Sentry "Natural Defense", the boys seamed to be okay no skin problems, but the girls, were burned, hair fell out.
So I found a site and got the advantage for a price I could afford. YEAH!
But, I just wanted all to know what I tried, and what happend. I was kinda excited to use a product that was not a toxic bug killer, and was peppermint oil and lemongrass oil and clove oil....oh well, I will use it on the boys. Everyone is going for a bath on Wed. My groomer is running a special. We are going to all be clean and fresh smelling, at least for a week.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by wingss2fly

I have 4 cats, all inside only. As I said before we can drag fleas in with us from outside. SO I use a treatment May thru October. Flea season here were I live. I know some feel Califorina has a 12 month flea season. But I don't find that true here in my neighborhood. So I could not afford the advantage I normal buy. Bought Sergents "Gold" squeeze on, it burned the cats skin. Okay so we tossed that in the trash. So I got Sentry "Natural Defense", the boys seamed to be okay no skin problems, but the girls, were burned, hair fell out.
So I found a site and got the advantage for a price I could afford. YEAH!
But, I just wanted all to know what I tried, and what happend. I was kinda excited to use a product that was not a toxic bug killer, and was peppermint oil and lemongrass oil and clove oil....oh well, I will use it on the boys. Everyone is going for a bath on Wed. My groomer is running a special. We are going to all be clean and fresh smelling, at least for a week.
Just so you know - the Advantage you buy online may not necessarily be the same as what the vet sells. In fact, there have been many instances where the online product is a knock-off from a third world country and is not as effective as the real stuff so you could be wasting your money or worse may be using a product that is dangerous to your cat. By paying a little more at a vet you at least know you are getting what you pay for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What I got was from a place online used by my groomer. It is a a decent online store.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by wingss2fly

What I got was from a place online used by my groomer. It is a a decent online store.
Did your groomer do the research to ensure the product is real? Just because your groomer orders from that location does not necessarily mean it is "decent". It would depend on how much research and investigation your groomer did of the online store. Just like vets, not all groomers are equal.

I'm not saying what you got is not good, just be cognizant of the fact that it may or may not be the real thing.