TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › police arrest suspect in cat killings!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

police arrest suspect in cat killings!

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
http://www.justnews.com/news/19747620/detail.html

i hope he goes to jail and they do terrible thing to him while hes in there.
post #2 of 18
Wow, that was really difficult to read...... I think it's unfortunate that in this world a life is not equal to another. Our laws won't allow the punishment this person deserves for taking 19 lives. Hopefully it will be identified as the first signs of a serial killer........
post #3 of 18
Here's a link to a different article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526229,00.html

He'll be charged with 19 felony counts of animal cruelty, 19 misdemeanor counts of improper disposal of an animal's body, and 4 felony charges of burglary in connection with the crimes. Not sure how they will be able to prosecute the animal cruelty crimes, but the 1st conviction of "Aggravated Animal Cruelty" which is what they are charging him with it is a mandatory $2500 fine and undergo psychological counseling. A second or subsequent conviction carries a mandatory minimum fine of $5000 and a mandatory minimum period of incarceration of 6 months (a previous version of the law said up to 5 years incarceration). So, if he's convicted of a first and then subsequent 18 counts of just the animal cruelty, he'll be sentenced to a minimum fine of $92,500 and 9 years in prison. They also have a clause in the statute that the convicted must serve 100% of the sentence - no early parole.

It doesn't make up for the 19 lives he took and the 19 families he hurt, but it's not a bad start.
post #4 of 18
I hope he gets what he deserves!

Someone was quoted as saying he was "quiet and well-spoken". Well, isn't that what they always say about serial killers? This boy is sick.
post #5 of 18
I wonder how many people were doing their own "investigations" all the while. If something like that were going down in my community, I'd like to think I'd have kinship in finding such a and making sure he did not witness another sunrise.
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl View Post
Someone was quoted as saying he was "quiet and well-spoken". Well, isn't that what they always say about serial killers?
Yes, the quiet ones are the worst

Please God, if it is him, let him be put in a cell with a 24 stone cat lover and his friends
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Yes, the quiet ones are the worst
You know, I hate this stereotype. Because some people are quiet they're seen as shady characters that want to harm others... Never mind the fact that some serial killers were seen as outgoing and very involved members of their communities.


I hope they can make all those charge stick. It would set a very good example and hopefully other states would follow suite.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
You know, I hate this stereotype.
Not my saying, it's a well known one
post #9 of 18
Thank goodness! I am very sensitive to these types of things and have not read one single word of an article about this cruel freak of nature. However I have been following it via titles in the news or on TCS. Did this guy actually break into homes to kidnap cats? Or were they all outdoor cats? I have wondered that since the beginning of this whole horrible ordeal.

I hope this freak rots in jail. I hope he is jailed with big Bubba, who is lonely but loves his cat dearly and KNOWS what this stupid kid did…. I hope he wants a relationship (if you know what i mean lol) and revenge for his cat. That’s what I hope. I hope this kid suffers greatly for what he did.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl View Post
I hope he gets what he deserves!
A B S O L U T E L Y...
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Not my saying, it's a well known one
And a terrible one at that. Just because someone isn't always running their mouth with inane chatter it doesn't mean they're a bad person.

Personally I don't want to be put in the same category as people who torture animals just because I'm quiet and keep to myself. I'm sure the same can be said for all of the members here who are more socially reserved. It's bad enough what some of us have to deal with from people just because we're more quiet natured.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom View Post
I am very sensitive to these types of things and have not read one single word of an article about this cruel freak of nature. However I have been following it via titles in the news or on TCS. Did this guy actually break into homes to kidnap cats? Or were they all outdoor cats? I have wondered that since the beginning of this whole horrible ordeal.
He was taking them out of their yards and putting them back mutilated. IMO that shows a level of depravity that's a bit beyond a typical person who is just wanting to hurt animals. A bit like serial killers who pose bodies so that people will find them... I wonder what they'll find from his psych evaluation.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
Just because someone isn't always running their mouth with inane chatter it doesn't mean they're a bad person.
Your taking it too personally. I have friends who are shy and quiet, but i've heard them use that line when there's been a murder on the news.

I could take offense at your line "Running their mouth with inane chatter" because i talk a lot, but i'm not

Were going off topic here though, so if you want to pm me feel free
post #13 of 18
They are saying he might be a ringleader Sending mega prayers and vibes that ANY and ALL monsters involved in these crimes are quickly caught and brought to justice
And congrats to all the officers involved in solving the case - the crime spree occurred in the neighborhoods of both his mom and his dad's homes. Did anyone see that one of his friends blamed his step mom??? And that the neighbor who spoke highly of the teen is the son of the mom's next-door-neighbor/boyfriend?? I disagree with the defense attorney that it's a "lynch mob" mentality--rather, it's the results of good, careful police work!!
P.S. he dissected cats in biology class:http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miam...y/1098953.html
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
P.S. he dissected cats in biology class
They actually do that in schools in the US?

Here we dissected cows eye's in Biology. If we got a dead cat to dessect i'd be horrified!
post #15 of 18
Just hand this guy over to me. We will give him to my friends tiger Rowdy, to serve him justice!! I hope he rots in hell!!
post #16 of 18
He has been released on bail, thankfully under house arrest with an electronic bracelet.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31407046...me_and_courts/

Unfortunately, we all know he will likely get a slap on the wrist for this.

post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl View Post
He has been released on bail, thankfully under house arrest with an electronic bracelet.
Bail with a bracelet? Are you kidding? Is that bracelet going to physically restrain him? I don't think so - if he's totally the devil (which it seems he is) he could do a lot before sirens come racing to arrest him.
post #18 of 18
This individual is among the sickest of the sick-o's......but.....I'm also angry with the cat owners, who, upon hearing of these unconscionable, heinous acts, continued to let their pets outside. I hope he is abused and destroyed by the other felons when he gets to prison. Unfortunately, we can't sentence him "an eye for an eye".....wouldn't it be just to have him skinned alive? I'd even volunteer for the duty.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breaking Mews
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › police arrest suspect in cat killings!