avoderm vs. royal canin

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which one do you think is better and why?
I've been feeding Jake royal canin but I'm trying to find cheaper alternatives without giving up the good quality if that's possible lol...I can't afford wellness, I can afford avoderm but I'd love to be paying the price of authority. I will be feeding him authority canned, but for dry I want a bit better quality. Well I could be wrong but I think avoderm dry is better quality than authority dry...am I right?
I'd appreciate your thoughts as well as any suggestions..so far I'm probably going to switch to avoderm but I want to see if you guys think its about the same quality as RC. And also if you have any suggestions for anything cheaper but similar quality..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Avoderm is a solid food ( it is corny though) RC is a decent food but IMHO too grainy for the $$

I would take avoderm over authority... do you have a Costco??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have a costco. I haven't been there in a long time tho and haven't checked the pets section ever...

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I feed him taste of the wild he is only 8 months?? It's supposed to be an all life stages but i don't know if that means it's great for kittens under 1 year old..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At 8 months just follow the guide for his age and wt
Taste is great

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well at 8 months I thought I'm supposed to be free feeding still? Isn't that right?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Well at 8 months I thought I'm supposed to be free feeding still? Isn't that right?
You don't have to free feed at any age. by 8 months for a neuter I wouldn't free feed unless it's a specific amount - not just filling up the bowl.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow that's crazy, it means I have to stop just refilling his bowl!! lol...I was wondering why he's so plump..

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made a huge mistake free feeding my 4.....Oh are they FAT CATS.... I don't free feed and have not for about 9 months now. I thought they were to eat more as young cats, my mistake.