New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My new Website

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Hey everyone! Been a while since I visited. Check out my new Website. My son designed it and took a lot of the cat pictures for me. For those of you that don't know me, I breed and show Peterbalds and Brambles. Anyway, here is the link: www.magnoliachatcattery.com

The front page is like a blog, so check back often for updates.
post #2 of 17
Gary,
Your son did a great job with the website.
I like it better then the old site.
I have not talked to you in a long time.
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mews2much View Post
Gary,
Your son did a great job with the website.
I like it better then the old site.
I have not talked to you in a long time.
Thanks! I really like it. He is so talented - not only with photography (his main love), but with Website building, as well.

It has been a long time, but I check the posts on here from time to time. I have my own Yahoo group - Peterbald Breeders Corner - that has about 200 members off and on. It keeps me busy - plus a full time job that keeps me running all the time.

Still going strong with my cattery, though.
post #4 of 17
I am in your Peterbald Group.
I have not posted there in a long time though.
It is great your Cattery is doing good.
I was thinking of getting a Peterbald but since they can not be shown in CFA there would not be enough shows to go to.
I will start looking for a show quality sphynx in the next few months.
We just have 4 TICA shows I can go to.
Two of them are in Lodi which is 50 minutes from here and there is one in Reno which is 3-4 from.
There is also a show in Montery that is about 3 hours from here also.
I have been showing Cleo my sphynx in CFA but will show her in th TICA show in Lodi in Oct.
It will be her first TICA show.
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mews2much View Post
I am in your Peterbald Group.
I have not posted there in a long time though.
It is great your Cattery is doing good.
I was thinking of getting a Peterbald but since they can not be shown in CFA there would not be enough shows to go to.
I will start looking for a show quality sphynx in the next few months.
We just have 4 TICA shows I can go to.
Two of them are in Lodi which is 50 minutes from here and there is one in Reno which is 3-4 from.
There is also a show in Montery that is about 3 hours from here also.
I have been showing Cleo my sphynx in CFA but will show her in th TICA show in Lodi in Oct.
It will be her first TICA show.
Emily (on my message forum) is great person for a Sphynx. Joan at acatranch is, also, a great Sphynx person. Wish there were more TICA shows around, so you could go with a Peterbald. They will be CFA at some point, though, as well.
post #6 of 17
Well maybe when they go to CFA I will get one.
I know a lot of sphynx breeders from the sphynx groups I am in but do not know Joan at all.
CFA is always last letting the newer breeds in.
They have so many Persians there.
Here are some pictures from Cleos last show.
I was not sure if I could the results in your group be cause it is a Peterbald Group and Cleo is a sphynx
It was so easy to show after the first time.
I understand everything about CFA now.
The Abbys are May Eber who I benched with last time and the LaPerms are Jerrie Wolfes who I benched with also.
They will help me show in TICA in Oct since it will be my first time.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...13&postcount=1

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...35&postcount=3

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...58&postcount=7

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=47

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=49

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=50

My Mentor made all Cleos show things.
She is a sphynx breeder also.
Isnt Aub Anderson in your group?
I met her at the Pleasonton show last April.
She was showing in HHP.
Last time her and her daughter ended up being stewards because they did not have enough.
Also they did not ahve enough cats to judge the HHP class so it was cancelled.
She is in some of the pictures.
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mews2much View Post
Well maybe when they go to CFA I will get one.
I know a lot of sphynx breeders from the sphynx groups I am in but do not know Joan at all.
CFA is always last letting the newer breeds in.
They have so many Persians there.
Here are some pictures from Cleos last show.
I was not sure if I could the results in your group be cause it is a Peterbald Group and Cleo is a sphynx
It was so easy to show after the first time.
I understand everything about CFA now.
The Abbys are May Eber who I benched with last time and the LaPerms are Jerrie Wolfes who I benched with also.
They will help me show in TICA in Oct since it will be my first time.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...13&postcount=1

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...35&postcount=3

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...58&postcount=7

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=47

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=49

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=50

My Mentor made all Cleos show things.
She is a sphynx breeder also.
Isnt Aub Anderson in your group?
I met her at the Pleasonton show last April.
She was showing in HHP.
Last time her and her daughter ended up being stewards because they did not have enough.
Also they did not ahve enough cats to judge the HHP class so it was cancelled.
She is in some of the pictures.
Great pictures and beautiful cats!!!!!!! Yes, please post these on the Breederscorner. We all love our Sphynx too! In fact, this last year, I opened it up for all breeds. Everyone is just a cat lover at heart - no matter what the breed.
post #8 of 17
Thanks,
I will post pics from Cleos next cat show in your group also.
The pictures are from the Fresno Cat show that was May 9th.
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mews2much View Post
CFA is always last letting the newer breeds in.
They have so many Persians there.

Sorry to hijack but I just have to do this once!

Mews, every time you whine about CFA having too many persians I have to snicker...if you come over to Malaysia, you'll find that we have too many Maine Coons (almost 2 for every other breed)! If you go to Hong Kong, there will be huge numbers of exotics (at the last Hong Kong show, there was at least 3 exotics for 1 of every other breed).

Persians just do happen to be the world's most popular breed, though I don't understand why myself. In CFA, the persian "type and look" has pretty much been set in stone unlike the other breeds including Abys. It is also the only breed that has it's own color divisions, therefore, it's no wonder that there are many many Persians at a show. However, at the last CFA Internationals, there were more Maine Coons shown than any other breed!

post #10 of 17
There are a lot of Exotics at the shows here also.
I heard there are other 21 thousand Persians in CFA.
My sister the one that got that fake Rex has always wanted a Persian.

post #11 of 17
In ACFA (our neck of the woods) we have a TON of MC's in all classes. In one show there were about 15-17 entries in kitten, cat, AND alter classes - about 1/3 of the entries were MC's.

And Persians? we are lucky to see 2-3 at the most in all classes.
post #12 of 17
At the show I was just at there were no MC kittens, no Ocicats, but 12 Maus - 8 of which were smokes. That's unheard of, so far. There were a pair of blue silver Angoras which were maybe the cutest cats I have ever seen.
post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohni View Post
At the show I was just at there were no MC kittens, no Ocicats, but 12 Maus - 8 of which were smokes. That's unheard of, so far. There were a pair of blue silver Angoras which were maybe the cutest cats I have ever seen.
I love Angoras. Beautiful cats, especially the blue silvers!

I have new pics of kittens up on my Site. Man, do I have a lot of kittens right now. One had one kitten, one had 7 (to make up for that), and I have one delivering right now - 3 so far.

Take a look at the pics when you get a chance. You will fall in love with Magnoliachat's Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons. I named him that because he has gone through 3 coat changes in his young 7 weeks of life. He was born with a huge thick curly coat, lost it all to be ultra hairless, and now has a beautiful suede coat. He was very small always, but always healthy. He is 7 weeks old and can fit in the palm of your hand. Needless to say, I will have to find a pet home for him. He is adorable, though. I call him "Buttons" for short.

Then, there is a picture of the litter of 7 just after birth and at a week old (today).

Later today or tomorrow I will take a picture of the new litter happening right now. Glad I am working from home today.

Just go to www.magnoliachatcattery.com, then to pictures, then to available kittens. I love this new Website! I can keep it updated so easily. I post current information on the front page.
post #14 of 17
Congrats on the kittens Gary.
Sorry have not posted pictures in your group.
They are not uploading wen I try to upload them.
My sister might be getting a Bengal and I will be showing it for her.
Can you post the pictures of Cleo for me if they do not upload?
It just says error when I try.
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mews2much View Post
Congrats on the kittens Gary.
Sorry have not posted pictures in your group.
They are not uploading wen I try to upload them.
My sister might be getting a Bengal and I will be showing it for her.
Can you post the pictures of Cleo for me if they do not upload?
It just says error when I try.
Sure! Just email me the pics and I will post them for you.
post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
My email is garybr01@aol.com
post #17 of 17
Thanks I will email you later today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding