Just had to cal 911 on a neighbor

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh holy you know what! Big domestic something happening here! This guy is screaming his head off, now yelling "I don't want to live anymore!" but before he was yelling at the wife and kids. I clearly heard "Are you beating up mommy?" and I went for the phone. I don't live in a good part of town, everyone seems to turn away when something happens, for saftey sake for themself (sad but true) I could not let this continue.
More sirens now. They had trouble finding him and called me back to attempt to locate. Its a courtyard back here, so the sound bounces, its hard to tell what direction it is coming from. I could hear when the cops did find him, he was screaming "Get out of here, get out, I don't wan't you in here!"

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank heaven you called 911! More people need to step up and call for help when it's needed.
The police were 2 houses down from me a couple of nights ago-----the man and woman who live in the apartment there were out in the front yard and, as another neighbor told me, "He was beating the crap out of her." I imagine their 3 kids saw the whole thing.
Some people are just stupid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope so!
All is quiet now, the screaming and police have gone. From what I heard he did not go quiet.
Oh NOOOO! He was yelling at his mother! The police just called to verify a description of this man, who I have seen before, she is being transported to a hospital! They said she is OK but can't really give me any detials.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just afraid now I will be the target of hostility. A "snich"

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I don't know how the police work there, but over here it's called "Data Protection" so they can't tell them who called the police on them
I could hear them saying "It"s a 911 call" and him asking who when he would not let them in. They didn't tell.
I am still afraid.
EDit, I was not anon, they asked my name, first name only. and I gave it and my phone #

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You sooo did the right thing
! SO many people will just look the other way, ignore it. I have lived in Manhattan for almost 20 years. I have witnessed to many crimes, called 911 to many times. I have been un both sides and only hope that someone would do the same for me. You may have very well saved a life

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think they're allowed to tell, even if for some bizarre reason they wanted to.
Good on you for calling the cops. At least they showed up and did something.
Last time we did that, they took hours to come (cop shop is about 7 minutes straight down the road) and this was for a domestic involving toddlers.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that the adrenilyn (sp) is wearing off, I am gald I called. I may have saved a persons life! I hope his Mom is Ok!!!
I am a snitch, so be it. Let the chips fall for those who sat by and did nothing!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

I could hear them saying "It"s a 911 call" and him asking who when he would not let them in. They didn't tell.
I am still afraid.
EDit, I was not anon, they asked my name, first name only. and I gave it and my phone #
They would never say who or where the complaint or call came from, they are responding to protect and serve......

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good for you. You did the right thing. I live in a good neighbourhood, we have had to call on a couple down the street. Domestic violence is a dangerous situation. especially when there are children present. The police said they never tell who made the call.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

They would never say who or where the complaint or call came from, they are responding to protect and serve......
My nerves have settled a bit, and yes you are all correct. They needed me to direct them to the situatuion. First name is better to address me.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well WTH??? He is back home, just announced that very loud off the balcony, "Im back home now!"
This can't be good. (I am not worried for me, but for family he may be with)

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now walking around outside yelling "Which one of you
did this!'

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went back in and slammed the door loud enough it shook my place, the cat ran and is hiding under my bed.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Well WTH??? He is back home, just announced that very loud off the balcony, "Im back home now!"
This can't be good. (I am not worried for me, but for family he may be with)
Oh man, I know exactly what you are feeling! I would be nervous for the family as well as the neighbors since it sounds like this guy is out of his mind! If you hear anything, ANYTHING you feel questionable or unsafe, call the police! Obviously he knows someone other then his family called the police, so he is announcing to the neighborhood he is back....... This guy is sick and his family may need help. Not to mention if he is yelling his return, he is very much a danger to anyone around them. I would even speak to the police about him coming home and announcing it in a threatening manner......