I just can't shake this horrible feeling

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had a rare nightmare. Usually i only dream bad when I'm stressed, which Im not so this was a surprise.

I dreamt I was married again (i divorced in 97). We both had SUV, tahoes. In the dream.

I pulled into the driveway but right in the middle of the garage. so no other car could park. I figured I better back out and pull to either side so my wife could get in.

When I did, somehow I ran over tinker. She was a baby again, like 6 weeks.

I lept from the truck and went to her. she was smashed flat but was still alive (her body was flat, but her neck and head hadn't been hit). i put my hand next to her and she started butting my hand like she wanted me to pet her.

I woke up after that, I didn't get graphic in my description but it was very much so in the dream.

I can't shake the feeling now. I mean I know it was only a dream, but i keep having this horrible guilt, and of course when i woke up i had to hug tinker, which she hates.

It was so awful

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always been a firm believer that when i have a bad dream i have to tell someone or it will come true. Now you've told us it won't happen, so try and empty your head of it because Tinkers just fine

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's nothing as horrible as a bad dream involving our babies, is there? This morning I had a dream about this very aggressive dog that lives 2 doors down. He almost lunged at me the other night when he got out of the house and we were coming home; the idiot girls who keep him didn't even try to grab him while he was growling and snarling at me - thankfully I know enough about dogs that he read my body language and didn't follow through. Anyway, I dreamed that these idiots let him out again and when we opened the front door he jumped through the screen door and went after the cats. I was chasing him trying to tackle him and I saw he had gotten ahold of one of the cats. I don't know which one, I woke up. Scared the heck out of me!

OK, so now we've both broken our bad dreams, JT. We won't let anything bad like that happen to our babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I appreciate both posts. I know it sounds a little wussy'ish but sometimes a dream really grabs you.

Of course I don't feel that guilt now. i knew I wouldn't. I mean I treat my cats VERY well. But my brain just couldn't seem to grasp that it wasn't make believe

Stupid brain....

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

I know it sounds a little wussy'ish but sometimes a dream really grabs you.
It's not really. I've had a few that i've had to post about to get broken

I had one a few weeks ago, and to be honest i can't remember what it was about now, only i know it involved the cats and it was awful
I woke up so upset that i hugged Rosie and told her about it because i was scared that i would forget what had happend by the time i posted here

So there you go, if you think your a wuss what does that make me

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I sooo know how this feels! The only way to shake it is to hold Tinker and give her lots of love till the feeling goes away.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

There's nothing as horrible as a bad dream involving our babies, is there? This morning I had a dream about this very aggressive dog that lives 2 doors down. He almost lunged at me the other night when he got out of the house and we were coming home; the idiot girls who keep him didn't even try to grab him while he was growling and snarling at me - thankfully I know enough about dogs that he read my body language and didn't follow through. Anyway, I dreamed that these idiots let him out again and when we opened the front door he jumped through the screen door and went after the cats. I was chasing him trying to tackle him and I saw he had gotten ahold of one of the cats. I don't know which one, I woke up. Scared the heck out of me!
This really did happen last year when the large cat-hating dog down the street was let out of its fenced-in yard. Thank God all my cats were in - but they were sunning themselves IN THEIR OWN HOUSE in front of the full-screen front door. I was hanging out with the toddlers I keep daily, when that dog tried to come crashing through the door after my cats, and nearly succeeded. There was cat pee everywhere, panicked cats, scared toddlers, a ruined screen, and one very angry homeowner. Had that dog gotten through, my cats - or at least skinny Mickey - would be dead. I know that in my heart.

This dog had done this before - but we had the glass door in at the time. I wrote a letter to the family, explaining this had BETTER NEVER HAPPEN again, particularly since there are small children here. A month ago that dog got out again, and made a beeline to my house. This time Dusty was out on our front porch, but quickly escaped behind the azaleas, while I managed to yell until the dog ran off. There are really irresponsible pet owners in this world.

But Fastnoc... a dream interpreter would have a field day with that dream. Your car taking up "the whole garage", then backing out so your wife can have space, then running over something very valuable and close to your heart... this is fascinating stuff.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

I appreciate both posts. I know it sounds a little wussy'ish but sometimes a dream really grabs you.

Don't feel bad, it happens to all of us now and then. A few months ago I had a horrid awful dream about Riley. I won't go into details because even know it is upsetting. Sometimes it just takes a while to get over them.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most dreams come from 3 sources.

1. Our daily experiences.

2. Our fears.

3. Our aspirations.

I would say yours came from #2, and it isn't all that surprising, knowing how much emotion you have tied up in them.