TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Talk about an excuse note!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Talk about an excuse note!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
You all know that I'm really not enamored with Obama. To put it mildly. But this story made me smile. No matter who it is that is sitting President, this would be a cool story, and something this little girl will never forget!

Obama writes girl absence excuse
post #2 of 17
I really believe he is a decent man and will do good things once he gets settled in and is given a chance. He certainly cannot do any worse than some of his predecessors.
post #3 of 17
The sad thing is that I had some teachers in school who still wouldn't have excused my absence, even with a note from the President.
post #4 of 17
Saw that on the news last night. You're right, a BIG smile!
post #5 of 17
We had a good laugh at that as well He really does do the little things that appeal to people.
post #6 of 17
President Obama has a very generous side to his personality....
this will always be a highlight of that young girls life.
post #7 of 17
How wonderful! Very heart warming!

I'm thrilled that you have a man sitting in the high chair who is so caring and compassionate! He's a very likable man!

Edit: I love how the article states that she made a copy for her teacher and is framing the original! LOL
post #8 of 17
I love it - very cute!!
post #9 of 17
That's such a sweet story. Thanks for sharing Heidi!
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
You all know that I'm really not enamored with Obama. To put it mildly. But this story made me smile. No matter who it is that is sitting President, this would be a cool story, and something this little girl will never forget!

Obama writes girl absence excuse
I saw the video on TV, that was really cool of him and I bet she saves that note for a long time.
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I saw the video on TV, that was really cool of him and I bet she saves that note for a long time.

And I bet she sells it down the road for a hefty sum of money!
post #12 of 17
That is awesome. He's a great guy...I hope she treasures that forever. I know I would!
post #13 of 17
You know, I even commented to my husband that day that it made Obama seem more human than he has in a long time. Great sense of humor. The kind of guy that would be fun to go drink a beer with. Wish we could see more of this side of him. He was totally natural.
post #14 of 17
That was a very cool thing to do, and I applaud him for that.

I still wish he would look the American public in the eye instead of shifting his head from one side to another (while reading from those infamous teleprompters TOTUS). Can't he do like Bush and Clinton and position the damn thing in the middle so it "looks" like he is looking into the camera? His constant head movements from one side to another just make him appear insincere and shifty.
post #15 of 17
He's a joy to watch interacting with children. He seems to have learned well from his own children.
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom View Post
That was a very cool thing to do, and I applaud him for that.

I still wish he would look the American public in the eye instead of shifting his head from one side to another (while reading from those infamous teleprompters TOTUS). Can't he do like Bush and Clinton and position the damn thing in the middle so it "looks" like he is looking into the camera? His constant head movements from one side to another just make him appear insincere and shifty.
He does that in order to include his entire audience when speaking. But it's very pronounced and something he's obviously learned while addressing crowds and so forth. It could be relaxed a little I think. It doesn't make him look shifty to me but it does make him look a bit too rehearsed.

And hi everyone, btw
post #17 of 17
Hi Sarah, long time no see.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Talk about an excuse note!