HELP-Girl question

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soo...this is bad...my period is a week late. I'm NEVER late. I live with my fiance, but we use protection (condoms) EVERY time, no exceptions. What do you think the chances are I might be pregnant? This cannot happen. I don't even have health insurance. We do want children, but NOT YET. We can't afford this. I feel completely normal. Not tired, not nauseous. Every thing is normal.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it can still happen with condoms.
My sister used protection and she still got preg.
You might just be missing a month also.
Why dont you wait another month and if no period then take a preg test.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Well it can still happen with condoms.
My sister used protection and she still got preg.
You might just be missing a month also.
Why dont you wait another month and if no period then take a preg test.
I know if can happen with protection, I just wanted to add that for info, and so people know we aren't THAT stupid.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get an early test? Has there been a lot of stress lately? Were you sick? Or have you taken any new medications? All three can goof up my cycle more.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Get an early test? Has there been a lot of stress lately? Were you sick? Or have you taken any new medications? All three can goof up my cycle more.
No sickness, no stress, no meds. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get an EPT. I wish I hadn't realized I was late until tomorrow, when I have cash. I'm freaking out now.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Go get a Prego test. My boyfriend and I have been through this a few times. I have been on birth control since I was 17 (due to health reasons, I was a good girl at 17!). Since I have been 17 my period has come like clock work. It has always been the same over and over and over again with no change at all… I could tell you the exact time it would come.

Now I find as I am getting older (30â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ish) sometimes its abnormal. 4 times I have been late and four times I sat down with my boyfriend to freak out and four times he laughed at my paranoia.

The body is very odd. You can have something normal your whole life then all of the sudden it changes. Just relax, the odds of you getting Pregoâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s with a condom is not very good, condoms are a very good source of protection. Just breath, and donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think about it until you get a test. Just think of all the stress you are going through for no reason if you are not pregnant.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

No sickness, no stress, no meds. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get an EPT. I wish I hadn't realized I was late until tomorrow, when I have cash. I'm freaking out now.
...Well, there's your stress now.
Hopefully your body is just a bit slow this month.
Get a box with a couple tests and take another one in a couple weeks. Actually, since you're in Kansas there should be Dollar General stores around there - that may be a way to save a little money and still get a name brand.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

Get one that says pregnant or not pregnant. I took one last year with the lines and one was faded.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I don't want Jon to know until I know. No reason for him to freak for no reason. I'll wake up early tomorrow and get an ept.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was on the pill when I got prego with Jaiden. The only reason I knew was because by breasts were really sore on are flight back from Alaska. (True story) I was like wow my breasts really hurt today and Eric's brother was like maybe you are pregnant.

I really like the First Response tests you can take them a few days before your missed period. for you don't stress to much over it because that will delay your period even more. Is there any Planned Parenthoods in your area? They will do tests for free.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in my early thirties my periods suddenly got very wacky. After many tests it was determined I had started menopause (and am still going through it!) The body can be very unpredictable.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

When I was in my early thirties my periods suddenly got very wacky. After many tests it was determined I had started menopause (and am still going through it!) The body can be very unpredictable.
I sure hope it isn't that! I'm only 23, and I do want children in a few years.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A week late isn't too bad, it's when you miss a whole month that I would worry. As others have said strange things can happen and make you late. Take a deep breath & try to get a good nights sleep until you can get that test tomorrow.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emy4cats

I was on the pill when I got prego with Jaiden. The only reason I knew was because by breasts were really sore on are flight back from Alaska. (True story) I was like wow my breasts really hurt today and Eric's brother was like maybe you are pregnant.
But then your breasts could have been sore because you're about to get your period, that happens to me before I get mine...

Condoms are kind of unreliable IMO. I hate condoms and I typically don't trust them so if I'm off all other hormonal birth control- I try to combine paying attention to my cycle and not having sex around the days when I'm ovulating while still using condoms. It sux tho cuz it's too much of a hassle. Anyways I hope it's all good.

Oh here comes a rant. I hate how it's women who have to deal w/ the side effects of birth control pills and pretty much all birth control besides condom is invasive on women's health. I think it's sexist and wrong and they need to figure out male birth control pills
i'm kidding about the last part but still it's sexist we shouldn't have to be the ones to suffer.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Get one that says pregnant or not pregnant. I took one last year with the lines and one was faded.
I suppose that was a "Reply hazy, try again" response.
Sorry, that's lame magic 8 ball joke if anyone got it.

Originally Posted by ut0pia

Oh here comes a rant. I hate how it's women who have to deal w/ the side effects of birth control pills and pretty much all birth control besides condom is invasive on women's health. I think it's sexist and wrong and they need to figure out male birth control pills
i'm kidding about the last part but still it's sexist we shouldn't have to be the ones to suffer.
It's being worked on.
But I can only imagine what most guys responses to that will be...

kscatlady - Unless he's lurking around TCS or you leave incriminating evidence in the trash can for him to find, he shouldn't know unless you tell him.
Which brings up an interesting thought... what if one is trying to keep something secret and posts it public here? My DH knows I visit and post regularly.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I called it the "maybe" test...try again later.

cazlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't worry too much. I can normally track mine no issue. I do the mental math and mark on a pocket calendar ov & p-start dates, and with one exception, I'm dead on. That "one exception" mine was 2 wks late. I was dying those 2 weeks. Took test after test, each neg, but medically you can test neg for some time as your body gets to a detectable level of hCG, so I didn't trust it as a true neg.

Then one day I started!
And oddly enough it was lighter than usual, but I have never been so excited to get my p. I didn't mark myself out of the woods until the following month came as scheduled and as usual though. Our bodies can be really weird.

I never told the better half and he seems to not pay too much attention since he was never like "wait, aren't you late?". I mostly didn't want to get his hopes up without a positive test. He can't wait to be a dad. I'm in the same place you are though and also 23, he's a few years older than me tho. I'm like... hoooold on there for another couple of years buddy... when the topic comes up

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

It's being worked on.
But I can only imagine what most guys responses to that will be...

kscatlady - Unless he's lurking around TCS or you leave incriminating evidence in the trash can for him to find, he shouldn't know unless you tell him.
Which brings up an interesting thought... what if one is trying to keep something secret and posts it public here? My DH knows I visit and post regularly.
The real question is wouold you REALLY want to leave something like that up to men?
Not to sound like a man-hater, but I can't even trust Eric to shower every day. Not too sure I want to trust him with birth control

kscatlady- Just remember to relax. If you are really stressed out. He will know something is wrong.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol kscatlady you're so nice to your fiance. If it was my boyfriend, not only would I tell him I'd probably also yell at him and say its his fault and he should have been careful lmao

strange_wings sometimes I don't post about something just because I don't want anyone in real life to know about it...I'm paranoid like that! i use the username ut0pia and ut0pia88 for almost everything so even if someone I know randomly comes on here they'd know it's me lol..