Vibes please

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My stomach has been hurting for over three weeks now. I had an Upper Endoscopy yesterday and am waiting to hear the results. They're thinking that it's an Ulcer but not sure. I'm supposed to have an appointment with the doctor next month but I hope they'll let me know what it is beforehand, I don't wanna have a hurting stomach on my Birthday
! What really irritates me is that right now I can't eat most of my favorite foods!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww, I'm sorry to hear that.

mega that they let you know the results sooner.

I hope your tummy doesn't bother you too much right now.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have to wait a month to get the results of an endoscopy???????? I've never heard of such a thing! Every time Gary's had one, the Doc stopped by before he even left to give him a preliminary run-through, and the follow-up appt was within a few days!

Have you tried to move the appointment up?

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

You have to wait a month to get the results of an endoscopy???????? I've never heard of such a thing! Every time Gary's had one, the Doc stopped by before he even left to give him a preliminary run-through, and the follow-up appt was within a few days!

Have you tried to move the appointment up?

Laurie
Well, they called me with the results a couple of hours ago, I'm glad I didn't have to wait a mon th for results, and it is an Ulcer. Have a rather complicated medicine rigeme that I have to follow that I hope I can keep straight!
Never having had an Ulcer before I didn't realize you could get them more than once? And yes, I tried to move the appointment up, but it's still next month.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Bacteria is usually the cause, or part of the cause for ulcers. So yes, anytime your stomach can't keep it from colonizing (or taking over completely) you can get an ulcer.

I hope your medications work. With luck you'll be back to eating some, if not all, of your favorite foods soon.

As for the appointment. Ask to be put on the cancellation list - basically if someone cancels they try to fit you in sooner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

^Bacteria is usually the cause, or part of the cause for ulcers. So yes, anytime your stomach can't keep it from colonizing (or taking over completely) you can get an ulcer.

I hope your medications work. With luck you'll be back to eating some, if not all, of your favorite foods soon.

As for the appointment. Ask to be put on the cancellation list - basically if someone cancels they try to fit you in sooner.
OK, thanks for info. I'll see about being on cancellation list.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

OK, thanks for info. I'll see about being on cancellation list.
Good luck.
I can't remember if that's exactly what most doc offices call them, but if you talk to the receptionist they should be able to figure it out. The only thing about being put on a list like that is you better have a flexible schedule!

Look up H. pylori a little.
The doctors who discovered the bacteria and it's role in ulcers actually got a Nobel Prize for their discovery.