TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Jaiden is teething
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jaiden is teething

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I am going insane!! He has never really cried and now he just cried for like an hour and then sleeps for an hour and then cries and sleep. Then if he is not crying he is nursing. I feel so bad for him! We have baby Orajel, but it does not seam to do much. Anyone have a suggestion?
post #2 of 13
have you tried teething rings. The cold ones seem to give some relief. With my oldest I would put an ice cube in a cold cloth and rub in on her gums. those teeth come through quickly
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
I have tired some teething rings but he is really not into them. I froze some wash cloths for him to chew on but he didn't seam to interested either. I am just going a bit coo-coo can't wait for DH to get home so I can go take a walk and get some quite time
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emy4cats View Post
I have tired some teething rings but he is really not into them. I froze some wash cloths for him to chew on but he didn't seam to interested either. I am just going a bit coo-coo can't wait for DH to get home so I can go take a walk and get some quite time
I have taken a few of those walks
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Hey you do what you got to do I love my baby but sometimes I need me time. Witch with nursing come few and far between.
post #6 of 13
awww... should to looks soo lovely...
post #7 of 13
I'm not a huge fan on dosing kids with Tylenol or Motrin, but in this case I always suggest to. If you had a painful tooth, you would take something for the pain. You know? Why make babies suffer when they don't understand why their mouth hurts. Have you made a trip or called the doctor to make sure nothing else is wrong, like an ear infection? Especially when you mention that he is waking up frequently, it can hurt a baby to lay down with an ear infection so that could be the cause.

I've worked in childcare with infants for 15 years, so I've dealt with lots of teething babies and ear infections.

I used to nanny for a dentist, and she says that Orajel actually makes teething worse b/c it hardens their gums and takes the teeth longer to come in. Plus, that stuff only lasts for a small amount of time, it's not worth it.

Some people swear by the Hyland's Teething Tablets, so you could try those. I honestly don't think they do anything, but a lot of people swear they do.
post #8 of 13
I was also going to suggest the Hyland's Teething Tablets. They certainly can't hurt!

Good luck---esp the first time he bites you while nursing with his new razor....uh...I mean TEETH!

Cally
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kara_leigh View Post
I'm not a huge fan on dosing kids with Tylenol or Motrin, but in this case I always suggest to. If you had a painful tooth, you would take something for the pain. You know? Why make babies suffer when they don't understand why their mouth hurts. Have you made a trip or called the doctor to make sure nothing else is wrong, like an ear infection? Especially when you mention that he is waking up frequently, it can hurt a baby to lay down with an ear infection so that could be the cause.

I've worked in childcare with infants for 15 years, so I've dealt with lots of teething babies and ear infections.

I used to nanny for a dentist, and she says that Orajel actually makes teething worse b/c it hardens their gums and takes the teeth longer to come in. Plus, that stuff only lasts for a small amount of time, it's not worth it.

Some people swear by the Hyland's Teething Tablets, so you could try those. I honestly don't think they do anything, but a lot of people swear they do.
His next check up is Monday. I doubt he has an ear infection, but who knows. Ya I put the Orajal on him and it didn't seam to make too much of a difference so I am not going to use it any more. I just wish there was something more I could do for him then to drug him up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires View Post

Good luck---esp the first time he bites you while nursing with his new razor....uh...I mean TEETH!

Cally
I know! I am NOT looking forward to that at all!!

Thank you for the ideas I will have to look into the Tablets. It is worth a shot.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emy4cats View Post
I know! I am NOT looking forward to that at all!!

Thank you for the ideas I will have to look into the Tablets. It is worth a shot.
I'll 3rd the mention of the tablets.... I had a friend ship me some from the US and they worked wonders.

As for the biting, my DD never did....there was once I felt a slight pressure, like she was thinking about it, I looked at her with the mean mommy face and her eyes got all wide, I said no, and she stopped. That was it for us

There is hope.
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
My sister also suggested the tablets so I am going to get some today. We were going to go away for the weekend, but I think just Eric is going to go. I really don't want to take a fussy baby to people's house that I have never met.

Jaiden already bites me... well gums me. So I am sure it will happen with teeth lol
post #12 of 13
My Dr. always suggested of course all thats been mentioned but additionally the smallest dose of motrin for children thats available. Otherwise I really believe its the childs interest, I guess what I mean is for my little girl the orajel (baby orajel) along with the baby motrin AND freezing her teething ring help drastically. I just remember being grateful that that ring was always something she grabbed normally so she naturally gravitated to it and put in her mouth. If theres any other toy, etc.. that he normally plays with that u can cool like that it may help.
post #13 of 13
My ds is almost 11 months and when he was teething all I gave him was baby tylonol and he was fine. Those teeth pop through pretty fast. Luckily he wasn't real fussy/crying when it happend, but, boy did he drool!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Jaiden is teething