Anyone know any nice places in Galveston?

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not too expensive, maybe $100-$150 a night. B&B, hotel, condo rental. I really want to go on a vacation. Trying to talk Jon into going.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One suggestion is going to tripadvisor.com. Nice travel community. Easy to use. So some homework in the Texas forum!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

One suggestion is going to tripadvisor.com. Nice travel community. Easy to use. So some homework in the Texas forum!
I've been looking a few places online, I'll look there, thanks! I just wanted some personal opinions too.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

I've been looking a few places online, I'll look there, thanks! I just wanted some personal opinions too.
I'm sure you will, just trying help out from Michigan!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You want to stay in a nice place and splurge, or do you want to go a lot cheaper and spend the money on good food?

The Galvez is the nicest place down there, probably, but there are other very nice hotels. There's a Holiday Inn that faces on the Gulf.

The best seafood place is still closed from the hurricane, I believe.

Edit: This is a radical idea, but you can go on a cruise out of Galveston on the Carnival ship (4 or 5 days) for as little as $199 each (plus some port charges, etc.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, a cruise is a good idea. Jon said he'd like a cruise. That's a good idea. I think I saw some nice little B&Bs too.