TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Woohoo, new toy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woohoo, new toy.

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 



1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty, 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel, 6 speed manual transmission (I refuse to drive automatics haha), 189,000 miles (still just a baby in the diesel world) A/C, CD player, power windows, power door locks, airbags, set up for a goose neck trailer.

Yesterday Rob and I saw this truck on eBay, and fell in love. Stayed up til 11:45pm to make sure I won the auction, SO tired today. It was formerly a horse hauler.

The Buy It Now was $8,500 - we ended up winning the auction for $8,000 even. The KBB has it listed for $11-12,000. My dad thought I spent $15k on it! My BIL just bought one with 10k more miles, for $12k.

Only "catch" is that we have to drive from South Carolina to Mississippi to get it. Which is cool with me, as I LOVE roadtrips (this one is 9 hours each way, then in July we're going to NJ, 12-13 hours each way). Never been through Alabama or Mississippi before, either.

Cant wait to go pick it up!! Now just imagine a 5'3" girl hopping out of it Should get some interesting looks. Oh, and now we have 7 vehicles Gotta get rid of the Fiero and Trans Am soon.



post #2 of 7
My sister is 4'8 andshe has driven one before for her boyfriends work.
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob View Post



1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty, 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel, 6 speed manual transmission (I refuse to drive automatics haha), 189,000 miles (still just a baby in the diesel world) A/C, CD player, power windows, power door locks, airbags, set up for a goose neck trailer.
sweeeet...If I didn't love my truck so much, I'd be slightly jealous.

Congrats on the new baby.

Quote:
Cant wait to go pick it up!! Now just imagine a 5'3" girl hopping out of it Should get some interesting looks.
I know that feeling, being 5'3.5" and driving a Ram. It's a good hike up to the seat for me
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
I know that feeling, being 5'3.5" and driving a Ram. It's a good hike up to the seat for me
When I was 16, I would drive my dad's Ram 1500 on my learners permit. I got the most hilarious stares. 5'3", looked about 13 .... I think people were scared It sure is a hike getting in his truck too (sits a little higher than my FIL's Ram 1500)
post #5 of 7
Congrats! I don't have a clue as to pricing, but it sounds like you got a great deal!

BK (Before Kitties) we loved road trips too. Of course now that we're back in the RV, we can just take them with us. I must admit - I don't like driving the RV. (I'm almost 5' 3" ).

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie
post #6 of 7
congrats is terrific!..
I want a ride on it!..
post #7 of 7
Ohhhhh, I am so green with envy. I so want a truck. It is awesome! Red is my favorite car color. Congrats! HAVE FUN!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Woohoo, new toy.