Woohoo, new toy.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty, 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel, 6 speed manual transmission (I refuse to drive automatics haha), 189,000 miles (still just a baby in the diesel world) A/C, CD player, power windows, power door locks, airbags, set up for a goose neck trailer.

Yesterday Rob and I saw this truck on eBay, and fell in love. Stayed up til 11:45pm to make sure I won the auction, SO tired today. It was formerly a horse hauler.

The Buy It Now was $8,500 - we ended up winning the auction for $8,000 even. The KBB has it listed for $11-12,000. My dad thought I spent $15k on it! My BIL just bought one with 10k more miles, for $12k.

Only "catch" is that we have to drive from South Carolina to Mississippi to get it. Which is cool with me, as I LOVE roadtrips (this one is 9 hours each way, then in July we're going to NJ, 12-13 hours each way). Never been through Alabama or Mississippi before, either.

Cant wait to go pick it up!! Now just imagine a 5'3" girl hopping out of it
Should get some interesting looks. Oh, and now we have 7 vehicles
Gotta get rid of the Fiero and Trans Am soon.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty, 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel, 6 speed manual transmission (I refuse to drive automatics haha), 189,000 miles (still just a baby in the diesel world) A/C, CD player, power windows, power door locks, airbags, set up for a goose neck trailer.
sweeeet...If I didn't love my truck so much, I'd be slightly jealous.

Congrats on the new baby.

Cant wait to go pick it up!! Now just imagine a 5'3" girl hopping out of it
Should get some interesting looks.
I know that feeling, being 5'3.5" and driving a Ram. It's a good hike up to the seat for me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I know that feeling, being 5'3.5" and driving a Ram. It's a good hike up to the seat for me
When I was 16, I would drive my dad's Ram 1500 on my learners permit. I got the most hilarious stares. 5'3", looked about 13 .... I think people were scared
It sure is a hike getting in his truck too (sits a little higher than my FIL's Ram 1500)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats!
I don't have a clue as to pricing, but it sounds like you got a great deal!

BK (Before Kitties) we loved road trips too.
Of course now that we're back in the RV, we can just take them with us. I must admit - I don't like driving the RV.
(I'm almost 5' 3" ).

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhhh, I am so green with envy. I so want a truck. It is awesome! Red is my favorite car color.
Congrats! HAVE FUN!