TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Daily Thread Tues June 9th!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily Thread Tues June 9th!

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Hey all!

It is rainy and cold today I am wondering when the cun will come back!

We have a Revlon warehouse sale here starting today, I am going to go at lunch time..can't wait, everything is so cheap.

Oil change tonight with Blueington...and thats about it

Have a good one folks!
post #2 of 13
Mornin folks.

I haven't smoked in 34hrs now

and I'm not feeling a big urge to either.

That aside, I'm in alot of pain this morning because of the snake incident yesterday. Never underestimate a snake

So my day is going to be filled with a whole lot of nothing LOL. Seriously, between playing on here and watching tv, I won't be doing much else to "save" using my injured hand. I might go walk my gardens later on and take some pics... hmmm, it would be nice if I got a call saying my camera was in and could use the new camera for it.. hee hee hee.

Have a good day folks.
post #3 of 13
Hello All!!

The rain if finally gone though a brief shower is possible tomorrow. Temps to "rise" to the lower 60's.

The garbage is out and and picked up already and the brief amount of dishes done too.

Neil took apart the ice maker (frozen tube) last night and its once again making ice! He had the assistance of the other boys Bender and Bakker watch him making sure he did this right.

The first coat of paint on the chairs looks good this morning I'm putting on the first coat of paint on the tubular arms and bottoms.

Have to stop at bank this morning and pick up the plants I didn't do yesterday after work.

I'll see how the weather is when I come home tonite-weeding and deadheading the spring bulbs has to be done.

We had Bender sleep in the garage so we could get some good sleep in the early morning hours. He seems pretty good so far today.

Have a good one.........
post #4 of 13
Morning All!!

Nasty weather here this morning, cold, dull, and rainy. Did not want to get out of bed.

Heading over to the hospital shortly, have an appointment for cortisone in both knees. Will be happy to get it done as they have been really bad because of the dampness. Am thinking about asking to have my shoulders done as well since they have been acting up a lot as well.

After that will be spending the afternoon just puttering around the house. A nap will most likely be in order.

The kitties are not happy with the weather since it is to chilly to open the windows. They all decided to go back to bed.

Everyone have a good day
post #5 of 13
Natalie, sounds like a (mostly) fun day!

Chris, I missed it - what happened with the snake?

Gail - you're going to have to post pics when the chairs are finished!

Tierre0 - hope those shots do the trick. You seem to be enjoying being a lady of leisure!

Gary and I had to split up for the first time in ages. He's in New York for a bunch of meetings, and I HAVE to get off of TCS and get to work on researching and writing up a report on a wireless company! Also almost past due is work on the trucking industry.

It's warm but nasty here today. HUGE thunderstorms!

Enjoy your day!

Laurie
post #6 of 13
Morning. Muggy here today, they keep promising rain, but no signs of any. Going to the doctors in a while to see what the results of my stomach X-rays are (been having stomach problems) then running to vets to pick up cats prescription food. Such an exciting life I lead! LOL.
post #7 of 13
Morning folks! I woke up to big thunderstorms and the lights flickering. It seems the storm is starting to pass now.

I have to make an appointment for my son with an Orthopedic doctor. He favors the one side of his head and his muscles are extremely tight. He did pretty good with his shots. He cried of course but later he was just a little whiney but not crying. He ran a slight fever over night so I gave him tylenol.
At 9 weeks he is 12.4lbs, 23.5inches long and his head measures 16inches.

Nothing planned today but laundry. Going to enjoy this dreary day on the couch with some tv or maybe Sims2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post

We have a Revlon warehouse sale here starting today, I am going to go at lunch time..can't wait, everything is so cheap.
I am jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
Mornin folks.

I haven't smoked in 34hrs now

and I'm not feeling a big urge to either.
WTG Chris. BTW what snake incident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tierre0 View Post

Heading over to the hospital shortly, have an appointment for cortisone in both knees. Will be happy to get it done as they have been really bad because of the dampness. Am thinking about asking to have my shoulders done as well since they have been acting up a lot as well.
I hope the shots work for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD View Post
Going to the doctors in a while to see what the results of my stomach X-rays are (been having stomach problems)
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post
Natalie, sounds like a (mostly) fun day!

Chris, I missed it - what happened with the snake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo View Post

WTG Chris. BTW what snake incident?
Snake incident: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198509

short version: feeding snakes last night, one of my bigger ones (not the 2 biggest ones) needed a clean container. i decided to move her... MISTAKE. Short of it: at one point half of her constricted my surgeried hand, over the scar area, my wrist and the palm, forcing my thumb in a direction it didn't like.

now its all swollen and very painful... can't even fit my normal brace today, so I'm wearing the one I had post-op.

Stupid mistake on my part.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tierre0 View Post

Heading over to the hospital shortly, have an appointment for cortisone in both knees. Will be happy to get it done as they have been really bad because of the dampness. Am thinking about asking to have my shoulders done as well since they have been acting up a lot as well.
Cortisone scares me. But its something I've been thinking about more and more for my elbows because the surgeries to fix them would be quite extensive, and not as near of a success rate as my hands.

Does it hurt? Thats what scares me....I've heard people say it hurts like heck.

But now that I think about it, one instance of hurt vs my daily hurt....might just be worth sucking it up.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
Cortisone scares me. But its something I've been thinking about more and more for my elbows because the surgeries to fix them would be quite extensive, and not as near of a success rate as my hands.

Does it hurt? Thats what scares me....I've heard people say it hurts like heck.

But now that I think about it, one instance of hurt vs my daily hurt....might just be worth sucking it up.
I think the pain depends on the person and location. My mom used to get them before her back surgery and the area was just tender. My BIL's g/f gets several in her neck and it hurts like heck. She is in pain all day from them but she couldn't live without them.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
Snake incident: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198509

short version: feeding snakes last night, one of my bigger ones (not the 2 biggest ones) needed a clean container. i decided to move her... MISTAKE. Short of it: at one point half of her constricted my surgeried hand, over the scar area, my wrist and the palm, forcing my thumb in a direction it didn't like.

now its all swollen and very painful... can't even fit my normal brace today, so I'm wearing the one I had post-op.

Stupid mistake on my part.
OK - OUCH. Hope that heals up quick!

Laurie
post #12 of 13
Morning,

I'm actually in the middle of my class this morning. It's great having a class online and having 2 monitors so that I can watch the class and surf TCS at the same time. I managed to get up early enough to run off to a pet store and pick up some food this morning before class. Now I'm in class online from 10:30-12:30. After that, I'll grab lunch, then go to another pet store to get the other brand of food my cats will eat and stop by the grocery store. After that, I'm going to work on some homework. Later tonight, I'm going to do some reading and maybe watch a little TV. I have an exciting life here as well.
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
Cortisone scares me. But its something I've been thinking about more and more for my elbows because the surgeries to fix them would be quite extensive, and not as near of a success rate as my hands.

Does it hurt? Thats what scares me....I've heard people say it hurts like heck.

But now that I think about it, one instance of hurt vs my daily hurt....might just be worth sucking it up.
To be honest I wouldn't have half the mobility I have if it weren't for cortisone. I swear by it.
As for whether it hurts, it does but nothing to extreme, they freeze it first which stings a bit, you will feel the needle go in and there is a pressure when they inject the cortisone.
However that said, if it works the benefits are almost immediate and will last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on how often you have them done.
I have my done more often because I have been using it as a treatment for almost 10 years.
Position does play a roll in how painful the needle is as well as how bad the joint is. Shoulders aren't to bad, elbows hurt a little more(but not extreme as I said) The worse one I ever had was in my thumb, small joints hurt the most.
As for knees, they aren't that painful to have done under normal circumstances. My right knee hurts more to have done because the doctor has to move my knee cap to get under it.
My advice, go for it the long-term benefits far outweigh the momentary discomfort.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Daily Thread Tues June 9th!